• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What is your favourite GBC game?

Years
  • I just started playing Pokemon yellow again for like, the 10th time, and I was just wondering.. What is YOUR favourite GBC game?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    I'd agree with Yellow. I just loved that game from the moment I played it, but oddly enough, I never played it until AFTER playing G/S/C.

Has to be either Yellow, or Silver for me

Years
  • This past month I started playing my blue after a few years of not touching it at all! Im 25 with a baby on the way and figured now was the time?! lol SO I'd have to say blue and crystal are my fav's.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Silver FTW.
    2nd gen rocks, it was so magical to discover that whole new region after playing RBY, each new Pokémon, each new town, each new character was an epic moment for me. These versions are so many memories for me. And I chose Silver especially because it is the game where I spent the most of time among all my Pokémon games, and even among all my games that aren't Pokémon. And I love this version.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Yellow. Even though Brock was made to be way to hard, I still love Yellow. The only game where you can actually acquire all three starters barring trade.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Silver is a very important staple in my life. It's also my favorite color and the name of my favorite Pokemon antagonist! So Silver it is for me. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Mostly Crystal though since it felt a tad more fleshed out when it came to sidequests if you ask me.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    If I'm talking about the game and storyline, I'd say Crystal. But Silver will always have that special first-game place in my heart even though it doesn't work anymore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Crystal because it was the first Pokemon game I owned, but not played. Also because it is the one I played most. I probably restarted it about 40 times, 80% of the time I chose Typhlosion.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Crystal. It was the first Pokemon game I owned (but not played/finished), and it was just filled with magic. Traveling through the land, chasing Suicune, battling Lugia and Ho-oh, finding my first shiny (a Ledyba), growing with my starter... it was all so great and I will never forget it.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I like Yellow a lot. I could get all the starters, and when I played, that's all I actually ever wanted. Crystal does come in a close second, it was pretty fun with all the animations implemented and chasing down all these Legendaries...

Back