• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your favourite gym in Unova?

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    What is your favourite gym in Unova?
    The one in Nimbasa citiy.
    Why?
    The rollercoster things are awesome to ride one and the gym is also cool looking.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The 8th gym for me, just because it had the most 'challenging' gym puzzle. Most of the others I had found rather simple...

For instance, the first gym is laughably easy - sure it's a kids game and probably aimed at newer players, but even then... It's times like that I prefer the gyms with not puzzle at all (like Johto's first one). 2nd was all right in the question thing, but given the lack of a real 'punishment' for getting an answer wrong (you still had to battle everyone in the room!) it seemed a bit off. Various others became more entertaining in design (for instance, Elsa's - rollercoasters! - and Skyla's was amusing in design too imo) but still felt too linear to me. For instance I would have liked the ice gym's design a lot because I'm a sucker for ice puzzles... but it was too darn obvious given they had arrows showing you where to step. =| Which is rather unlike the other two ice gym puzzles (Pryce's (both GSC and HGSS) and Candice's) in which no obvious hints were given for where you should go to proceed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like all the gyms, I shall analyse the best and worst parts!

The first gym was confusing - it never explained the purpose of the curtains which would confuse young children! and me. But I figured it out eventually. :3 Second gym was really annoying to get through but was easy once I went through there for the first time. The third was amazing, but confusing to figure out that you had to push the walls (notice the theme? BLACK AND WHITE ARE CONFUSING!) Uhhh, fourth was really awesome, tbh, and had a really awesome design too. Fifth was really annoying, but I really liked how you went down really low underground. Sixth was annoying but crashing into the wall was fun! Seventh was by far the most fun in terms of what you could do. It was also surprisingly the least confusing, although as a kid I always had issues with the ice puzzles in-game lool. The last one was amazing in terms of design but so freaking annoying to go through - you had to face everyone! :( And with a lack of easy backtracking, uggh.

Black and White definitely had some interesting gyms though.

Zet

Years
    1) What is your favourite gym in Unova?
    My top two favorite gyms in Unova, are the Nimbasa Gym and the Mistralton Gym.
    2) Why?
    Because roller coasters are fun and being shot out of a cannon is epic(and not to mention totally original for a pokemon game).

Years
    Design-wise, Mistralton, Nimbasa, and Iccirus are all tied for first. Why? Cannons, roller coasters, and sliding on ice ramps are epic.
    I also love Burgh since he's an artist and he makes people walk through honey before battling him.

.Ashberto

Peanut-butter-jelly-time
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Best Gym in my eyes was Mistralton City Gym, since it was Skyla's gym and it has those awesome cannons which shot you all over the gym!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I liked Burgh's gym, but I didn't like the trainer types in it. Harlequins? I really didn't get that, but I loved the bug like concept with the butterfly windows and the honey.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I thought Iris and Elesa had a pretty cool gym. Loved the Dragon in the Opelucid City gym, although I didn't like how once you got far in that gym, you couldn't get out to heal. Nimbasa had a cool gym with the rollercoasters and lights. I also liked the atmosphere in Cilan/Chili/Cress's gym. Even though it was fairly easy to get through, I just liked how it was restaurant themed since I like cooking and baking(and Cilan, hehehe!!)

Years
    I thought of the eighth gym in Opelucid city as the best!
    Draydens Haxorus put me in the dirt a decent amount of times until I used Cobalion, and he still hurt it a lot! I also loved the puzzle, as it was kinda easy but made me think. The veterans there being the first you fight in-game (I think) were kind of a challenge as opposed to the regular trainers who'll through a useless Magicarp at you expecting a win. Overall he was a hard gym leader and after beating him, I felt accomplished and got myself Draco Meteor on my Haxorus afterward, thanks to Iris =D

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    Clays Gym, maybe.
    2) Why?
    It was cool, how you kept going deeper into the earth. I think Clay is a cool Gym leader as well. And I love the Ground type.

Puffin

Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2012
    Skyla's Gym, I Have To Go Through The Gym At least 5 Times Before I Fight Her Though, Its Fun :D

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Nimbasa gym with Elesa

2) Why?
    The gym was cool made and mostly because she actually made me swett abit with all thos volt switches nd aerial aces

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I really liked Skyla's gym. Cannons shooting you all over the place was pretty awesome, and it was hilarious when that last one made you faceplant straight into the wall and slide down really slowly. Man, I would've LOVED to see the look on your character's face when that happened.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
    Black: I like Drayden's gym at Opelucid City. It was quite challenging and I had to go back from the start because there were times I went to the wrong path. Hehe. It was really great because it was one of the longest puzzle-like gym. I think it took me 15-20 mins just to reach Drayden. Haha. :D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The gyms are all amazing in their own ways, but the gym that I enjoyed the most was definitely Nimbasa Gym! It was just soooo fun to look at! :'3

Back