• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Your Favourite Pokémon Game?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
  • For me, it is Pearl.

I had played all the previous games (and I've since played all the games following it), but back when I played Pearl, which was back when I joined the forum originally, I was so completely immersed in Pokemon...it was just so fun! I mean, it still is fun, and I'm still really immersed in it, but that was the first time I had been able to play with other people wirelessly around the world...and I thought that was WILD! Sinnoh is my favorite region, from the games, to the Pokemon, to the anime!

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • This is such a tough question. I will probably have to go with Emerald. Hoenn was my favorite region ever, most likely because I grew up playing Gen 3 games. The story in that game was the best out of all the games. Pokemon X was a very close second though. It allowed me to play online and battle/trade with random people. It also reminded me of Pokemon Colosseum, which was my favorite game on the good'ol GameCube. In third place would probably be Silver. The fact you could go to two regions in-game was pretty cool and made the game very lengthy, which is something you don't see nowadays.

Guest123_x1

Pokemon Blue is my all-time favorite game, followed by Silver as a second. You could do all kinds of weird things with Red/Blue in particular, including the Missingno Item Cloning glitch that I frequently exploited once I read about it. As for Silver, my favorite part is that you could get Lugia at Level 40, however, the 'enhanced' mechanics made Gen II far more challenging and frustrating than the previous, especially with the capture formula.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    My favorite game has been Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold. It was a VERY good remake and I love the battle against Red. It's at the top in my list of best video game moments.

Years
  • R/S/E, but mostly Sapphire. The thunderstorm scene was a lot better than the drought scene, in my opinion, and every time I hesitated to even complete the story since I wanted the rain to stick around forever.

But outside R/S/E I also adored B/W2 and X/Y. Nothing will beat the third generation when it comes to that #1 spot, though.

Back