• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your least favourite type?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    (This thread may have been made before, for which I apologise).

What is you least favourite type? Are there any types that you absolutely despise and avoid at all costs? Or perhaps one or two that you simply don't love as much as others.

Personally I'm not a massive fan of the fighting type - I know it's strong and solid but the moves generally bore me and the design of most pure/primary fighting types are really humanoid (which annoys me) and seem to be born with clothes (which is just plain odd).

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Frick, I hate bug, psyhic, and ground types. -_- Ground vs Rock... I mean really? There should be a huge difference. Bug... boring. And Psyhic, well ... I just don't really like them -_-

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Probably Rock. I have just never liked using it for some reason. And Normal attacks usually aren't that great.

Tremonal

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    The only type which I don't like at all is fighting type. I just find them uninteresting. They don't captivate me like the other types do.

Sully

advanced trainer
    Years
    Fighting types are annoying. They are really humanoid (which doesn't sit right with me). Another type I really don't like would be Grass types. I dunno, none really stick out for me (except for Ivysaur<3).

Aspear

*pucker*
    Years
    I don't think I've ever met a Grass-type I liked except Bulbasaur and Bellsprout, who get off easy for being adorable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fighting, for the reasons the OP mentioned. Following that, rock and steel, exceptions paid to Onix and Skarmory.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    I'm not a big fan of bug or steel. I don't like bugs in general, and bug Pokemon tend to become useless very, very fast. Steel Pokemon don't sound so bad in theory, I just can't think of any that I actually like.
    Rock is boring too. I have a hard time remembering which Pokemon are rock and which are ground.

I didn't like fighting until gen 5. Kojofu and Kojondo fixed that.

Gilgαmesh

I'm not a huge fan of the poison type, even though there would be the rare occasion that I would use one myself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    People are saying Fighting, it's one of my favourite types. ;_;

I don't hate any of the types, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, but there are some I just prefer not to use. For me, it would have to be the Fire, Grass, and Rock types, exceptions being Infernape, Blaziken, Breloom (not just because they're all part Fighting haha), and Rhydon. I've never really found a use for any of these types to be on my team tbh.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    As for types I hate facing on opponent teams:

Dragon: the four main elemental types (Fire, Water, Grass, Electric) are crap against the Dragon-type, and Dragon Pokemon usually come packed with strength, a wide movepool, and ferocity to decimate entire teams. Ice-type or Dragon-type moves are frequently needed to handily dispatch of these guys - with other offensive types, it's going to be a very rough ride trying to take down these guys in a fight. Compounded to all of that is that most of these guys are "pseudo-legendaries", which means "absurdly high power stats", worsening the problem of combating them even more.

Ice: the primary vice to my Hasty Flygon, KOing him in one hit. Usually the Pokemon doesn't even need STAB or respectable Special Attack. :(

Steel: if you don't have Fire, Fighting, or Ground type moves, they are a pain to take down, because they are resistant to NEARLY EVERYTHING.

Water: They tend to have high Special Attack, which when coupled with STAB will definitely hurt even at neutral damage. Not only can they drench your Fire-types and have few offensive resistances, they also have the capacity to use annoying Ice-type moves which can typically KO without STAB needed.

Psychic: can raise their Special Attack to absurd levels after they bother you with status effects and other techniques, subsequently pwning you in mere turns after they set up. And several of these moves have annoying secondary stat drops.

Electric: Paralysis. Paralysis. Paralysis. Usually very fast so you'll end up getting paralyzed on their first turn. In games like Super Smash Brothers they're even worse, because you can get trapped in devastating electrical combos, get stunned, and can barely ever stage a decent counterattack or escape from said combo. While stunned, you get beat up yet again, and the cycle of electrical torture continues.

Normal: something is always funky with these types, whether it's high Defense, Special Defense, HP, or a frustrating ability.

Ghost: very annoying secondary effects, tend to have Levitate, and can set up punishing combos.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm gonna say poison because I pretty much never use them and there aren't really any that jump out at me. I have an absolute favourite for almost every other type but poison? Every time I have to name one I just kinda get bored and say Bulbasaur or something to answer the question and move on.

Back