• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your local GameStop Cool enough for?

What is your GameStop doing for X and Y

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBBXD

CBBXD
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    So is your Gamestop Doing Anything for X and Y?

Years
  • I don't shop at gamestop, but not because its bad or anything(I shopped there and was very pleased when I was in miami), just becuase there is no gamestop in my country.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my country has no gamestop, but we do have GAME which only does midnight releases for CoD or new game consoles like the PS4. so no X and Y midnight release.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The only thing my local store is doing is giving out a two-sided poster on release. As far as I am aware, they are not planning to open early on release day.

Years
  • our local game shop here is called Datablitz
    the only thing you get is a battle disc card pokemon
    so I prefer buying it on the e-shop

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    I have like friggin 3 gamestops all within a 5 min drive with each other. One of them is inside a mall and there's one right outside of the mall. Don't know why... But I don't stop at those 2. The one I shop at is having a midnight release. Thank god!!! They said they had like 300 pre orders. I always ask them if they have a midnight release everytime I go in there. And when I bought the pokemon 3ds xl. They told me. SOOOO I'm happy! Just gotta do my calc 3 exam that day first!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Pokemon isnt popular enough in my town/city to warrant a midnight release.

300k population and hosts a major public university (35kish students).

They only do midnight releases for major major titles like Call of Duty, Madden and things like that. I believe they did World of Warcraft at one time but stopped shortly after I quit playing.

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Not sure. Never know until I buy something.

The last thing I got from our EBgames(GameStop) was a Fallout NV key rope thing which I wear constantly

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    Midnight release with some cool events starting at 9pm!!! The employees had to fight hard for it. They are gonna dress up, have a pokeball catching contest, ugh son!!

Reactions: JP
    Years
  • I'm not completely sure if my GameStop is doing anything or not for X and Y, but I do know that the GameStop I go to alot does show promotional posters for events relating to Pokémon when they're going on.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't believe my GameStop is doing anything as far as midnight releases for this game. Regardless, I'm not even getting my copy there. Getting mine at my place of work for a nice 15% off.

CBBXD

CBBXD
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    Well I live near Gamestops and only one might have one if they hit another 25 pre-orders. I wish I didn't pre-order it there and drove to a small business game store called Level-up. They were having a tournament with the winner receiving a free Game. Only problem is I don't want to dress up like Ash in down-town Santa Cruz at midnight. Most GameStops have early morning releases cuz I wouldn't want to be the manager who has to "Entertain" 7 Year Old kids who are all rowdy and watch all the teenagers blesh cuz theyre buying pokemon

I'm not completely sure if my GameStop is doing anything or not for X and Y, but I do know that the GameStop I go to alot does show promotional posters for events relating to Pokémon when they're going on.
    GameStops do events based on Pre Order sales. The coolest GameStops have partys while the lamest do nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    My gamestop nearby won't do a midnight realease :/. But i have to wake up early to go to the gym anyways so maybe Ill buy it on my way home on the same day. So it doesnt realy matter for me lol

Years
  • mine said that they not doing it because they mostly get kids and close it one to me is like 30 minutes away in the city. don't want to be their at night so i just get it off the eshop.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know what my Gamestop is doing, but for Diamond and Pearl they opened an hour early (7am). I live in a small town. I was surprised how many people were there though that early in the morning. Think I was 2nd to get my copy and there was like 20 others.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Midnight release for the cool kids, I send you all pictures!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't think a lot of gamestops are doing anything special. Pokemon, although is a great seller, isn't good enough. The 5 around me barely have any pre-orders for them. The fan base just isn't large enough for most communities.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    CBBXD could you please stop using that font? If you don't change it and don't stop acting childish I will look into how to block somebody on here so I don't have to see anymore of your posts.

On topic, my GameStop didn't get enough pre-orders. If I drove to the larger city about 20 minutes away I could have gotten the midnight release but my work is hard, Monday-Friday so I'll probably fall asleep early and wake up after GameStop opens.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • mine gamestop aint doing nada zippity zoop lol.(as far as I know). but oh well. I am going to be at my gamestops front door as soon as they open at 9:00 A.M Lol

Back