• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What keeps you playing Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    It is so fun catching new Pokémon and train them. Then they evolve and became strong. Then investigating new places and finding new items. Completing League over and over again and meaby Battle Frontier or Pokéathlon. Then moving to next Pokémon game and meaby playing older versions. That's keeps me playing. :)

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I just enjoy collecting pokemon, especially since I really love most of the new ones introduced in gen V. I also have been trying to get into competitive battling for the first time, even though some internet problems and patience levels have been getting in the way, haha.

But I still really enjoy the whole feel of the Pokemon World, probably because I grew up with it. Ahhhh, the good ol' days of Pokemon red back when I was in first grade ^.^ My Venusaur was definitely the talk of the classroom, heh.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • For me, a break from the series was the best thing to get my interest back. If you're still playing the games but are getting sick of them, take a break for a week, month, however long you feel comfortable with. You might find that you come back with renewed energy for the series... I know I did, after a 4-year break! It's definitely possible to regain an interest.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I have an urge to train every single one of my Pokemon until they hit level 100.
    And I have over two hundred Pokemon.
    So yeah, that's what keeps me going.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    For me, I think it comes down to nostalgia purposes. I've played pokemon since the release of blue/red/yellow and it continues to be one of my all time favorite game series.

Years
  • What I have the most fun doing lately is making unconventional teams using underdog pokemon that no one uses and trying to turn them into an all star team of sorts. It might be a bit foolish, but there's a lot of Pokemon out there now to pick from that we can kind of individualize ourselves a bit with. And nothing feels better than having a set you built work on a pokemon you raised work just as intended.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • oAo; I don't play pokemon anymore because I lost my ds buuutt what kept me playing (before I lost my DS) was catching new pokes, grinding them, and earning loads of money and also continuously re-battling the E4. o3o;

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    What keeps me playing is the battling. Even if it's only in-game battling, I just love battling for some reason. Also, I view raising my Pokemon as a rewards system because when you raise them they get stronger and stronger.

xxxxClockoxxxx

TheNerdWithABird
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    i often times get unmotivated to play so i just switch the pokemon game im playing ^-^ it helps for me, at least.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The adventure. For me, it's all about the adventure; going on long journeys, befriending Pokemon, getting stronger, climbing tough mountains and surfing through seas. I find adventure to be the thrill that keeps me going, among many other comparatively insignificant things.

Years
  • What keeps me playing is the new Pokemon, areas to explore and things to collect.

I'm playing Black and I'm already hooked on the Unova Pokemon!

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • I like designing and putting a team together before I start the game and then set up small goals for myself.

- Beat the game monotype
    - Beat the game with 2 or 3 pokemon.
    - Try to beat the game in a certain amount of time.

My current goal I was using with Firered, was beating the game using every single pokemon on my team.
    I'm pretty close too, I've gone through the game 10 times already, and it's still fun. When I get bored with that I also try to build an unbeatable battletower/Subway team. There is so much you can do you just got to put your hand to the plow.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I like breeding my Pokemon just the way I want them and collecting Pokemon. Even when I think I quit it always pulls me back in.

Years
  • New pokemon always keep me coming back every gen. Now that I have wifi though , there is always trading an comp batting to keep things interesting. Until about 5 months ago I never knew anything about ev or ivs, that helps to keep me playing as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The bond I share with my pokemon after I've used them throughout the game. I feel like I KNOW these pokemon. And in some strange way, I feel like they know me. It may sound like silly hog wash to a non pokemon player when the game describes this bond, But I feel it.

It may only be me but I quickly feel attached to these Pokemon over the course of my adventures. And the magical feeling doesn't seem to expire.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • The challenges I come across. I've never switched back and forth between games in one sitting before. Challenges are just fun.

Back