• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What keeps you training?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Pokémonland is much simpler than the real world lol. In Pokémonland as long as you follow the rules and are capable of solving simple puzzles everything turns out ok in the end.

I wish the real world was so easy lol. Some how I doubt Gordon Brown is going to have a battle with some magic animals and then everything will just be ok if he wins, and if he doesnt he can just try again etc.

In terms of battling over WiFi I just like to see my favourite Pokémon win for me.

Haha so true. The Pokemon World is just a much simpler and cleaner place and as long as you can solve basic basic puzzles then you're pretty much good to go ;).

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It probably would just be the desire to have strong high leveled pokemon. I usually dont spend more than an hour leveling my pokemon.

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I train because i want to beat people online. Im so happy this game has a multiplayer option becuase ive been waiting for it for so long.

Years
    Pokemon breeding keeps me busy.

But making more "Smeargle Monks" is an even more time consuming venture than making more "novelty" Smeargle movesets.
    The "gross" requests always make me laugh.

As far as battling go, I only have done 6-on-6 "Smeargle Monk" fights in the Union Room.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I hate training with a passion to be honest and the only reason I did it was for WIFI trades, but since I don't have WIFI anymore... I haven't touched my game in well lets see.... 6-7 months?

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
    I Pretty much keep going because I want to beat people! I want to be the best! I want to catch them all, I want to buy my Mum in Pallet town a new house with 2 beds!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    To be a Pokémonrygon master is my, destiny!

Someday, shiny Porygon2, you will be mine. And once that is set, I shall become the strongest trainer ever, more powerful then Ash and Red combined could ever hope to be. I shall become a legend, and no one will ever say Porygon's name in vain again.

Bakuzen

Spiky Haired Sexual Deviant
    Years
    I grow way way way too attached to pokemon....
    I treat my Empoleon like he's my son lol
    his name is Maximilian<3

I hate to see him lose, so I train him a lot.
    Like when we lost at the battle Hall... I hate critical hits...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Hmm...I guess catching all Pokemon and training them to Level 100 is really good for motivation...except all you get is a Diploma from Game Freak and bragging rights in the end, all of which are easily lost if your save file somehow becomes corrupt... :\

Otherwise, I relish the sweet satisfaction of crushing my opponents to oblivion!!! :rambo:
    Also, all enemy Blisseys, Jigglypuffs, and Snorlaxs must be KO'd for the anguish they've caused me in Hoenn's Battle Frontier and (in Jigglypuff's case) Super Smash Bros. 64/Brawl. :cer_nod:

But in the end, I guess it's just fun and accomplishment. You've worked hard to raise your Pokemon, and now you can finally battle on-par among the throngs of Pokemon Trainers in the world, while winning battles, losing battles, and ending up in draws occasionally. The things pieces of data can do to humans... :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Well, basically to be the champion.
    It also the thing I do when I'm bored.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Now, nothing D:
    I used to actually train lots but now i just get wayy too bored and have to struggle at times in Platinum. Hopefully something will get me out of this slump :P

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
    um well at the moment i am training to beat my m8 in a battle, as he always wins =(
    so i realy wnat to beat him, so i just keep training and training

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I dislike leveling up against wild Pokemon, but I can do it.
    I level up when I'm bored, unless I'm actually working up to something, say, level 40 everything for the 8th gym or something.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Beating gyms, levelling up for certain moves...and I did a hell of a lot of training for the Elite Four challenge =/

Now I'll be levelling up so I can take on the Battle Frontier =3

Lance

To evolve mah Pokémon. I feel awesome when they do that.. *dun dun dun dun dun dun dun duu*

And when the yare strong,I have better change to win mah friends. ^^

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    Boredom. That's all i can think off.

But it doesn't matter how hard i try because i can't seem to get my hand on The Frontier Symbols.

Back