• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of a pokemon gym would you have?

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    I would have a gym that would be hidden deep in the forrest, down a mountain. Nearby would also be a lake. It would be preety hard for trainers to find it due to the gym being concealed in mist occasionally. As far as pokemon types are concerned, I would use all because I find interesting like that. I would also use different areas of battle, like e.g. the lake, the top of the mountain, the dark forrest etc. so it I would be preety tough for trainers to beat. I would also forbbid the use of type advantage, because that way it would be interesting and more difficult and besides every gym has it's traps.:) Oh and I would have 3 on 3 pokemon battles, I think it's the best number of battles.;)

Oh and BTW I agree with you goofy_charizard_girl real pokemon battles are much more interesting than the ones in the games. Because I think it's unfair to the pokemon that it should lose due to his minor level than the level of his opponent. I think the pokemon's fighting should also depend on his personality, like if the pokemon is very persistant etc. and on the trainer abilities as well. Like a trainer could coach his pokemon to fight on and not give up..

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    mine would be orange and all my pokemon would have orange on them or they would be orange.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I would love to be a gym leader, lati the ghost type master gym leader as I see it, I would have a spooky mansion, I would have all Ghost and Ghost pokemon just floating around (some are wild), it would be creepy but I would be a tough opponet

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    If I had a gym it would be a dark/ice/water gym. I would build it deep in the Ice Cave (in Johto, I think) It would have eight floors of trainers and puzzles. My badge would be the TriGym Bage.

~Weavile~

Clobarr13

The voices won't stop! *twitch
    Years
    Ah... I've thought of this many-a-time... lol
    A few of my ideas are: (Pokemon in strength order)

Fire-type- Gym kinda like Blaine's. I like the idea of battling over an active volcano. Hehe...
    Poke's: Camerupt, Flareon, Ninetales, Arcanine (Arcanine rocks)

Poison type- It took me a while to realize it, but there's a crap-load of poison pokemon! As for the Gym... eh, IDK
    Poke's: Muk, Weezing, Seviper, Crobat, Nidoking (powerhouse Nido)

Bug type- Also a pretty cool idea. Gym kinda like a forest or cave or someting.
    Poke's: Shedinja, Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor (hehe... Scizor= awesome)

Yea, I've been cooking those up for a while...
    As a gym leader, you want to put up a challenge, but not many of them have six final stage pokemon...
    I'd consider these more of Badges 6-8 (No particular order)

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    To the original poster:

For not having English as you first language..you did very good :).

My gym would be:

Title: "Retro Poke Gym"
    Motto: "151 is all you need!"
    Description: It would be about as big as a basketball arena. There would be three paths:

Path 1: The middle path, go straight to me and fight me.
    Path 2:Take the winding path and face two trainers en route to face me.
    Path 3:Fight one strong trainer, then fight me.

The plus sides to Path 2 and 3 is that they each give you a hint on how to beat me...rather then rushing straight into me.

My field would just be a normal field-minimalistic of course (that's how I am). And my team would contain:

Bulbasaur
    Charmeleon
    Blastoise
    Hitmonchan
    Pidgeot

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    My gym would be Water and Psychic. I love Water and Psychic Pokemon. And yes I would still be Captain Arcane, and if you lost to me I would take all your money.
    Mwahahahahahaha

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd have a firey gym or a birdie gym.

Fire because thet's soo hawt, and birdies because they are kawaii.

Though firey because Torchic would be better suited.

Villianous Villager

The World is a Wretched Place
    Years
    My gym would be...

A Fighting Type Pokemon Gym

My team would be:

Machoke
    Lucario
    Medicham
    Machamp
    Hitmonchan
    Blaziken

It would be like a dojo but with a lot of walls making a labyrinth with 10 trainers you´ll HAVE to beat and full of rocks so, they would need to use strenght ^^

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    Ah... I've thought of this many-a-time... lol
    A few of my ideas are: (Pokemon in strength order)

Fire-type- Gym kinda like Blaine's. I like the idea of battling over an active volcano. Hehe...
    Poke's: Camerupt, Flareon, Ninetales, Arcanine (Arcanine rocks)

Poison type- It took me a while to realize it, but there's a crap-load of poison pokemon! As for the Gym... eh, IDK
    Poke's: Muk, Weezing, Seviper, Crobat, Nidoking (powerhouse Nido)

Bug type- Also a pretty cool idea. Gym kinda like a forest or cave or someting.
    Poke's: Shedinja, Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor (hehe... Scizor= awesome)

Yea, I've been cooking those up for a while...
    As a gym leader, you want to put up a challenge, but not many of them have six final stage pokemon...
    I'd consider these more of Badges 6-8 (No particular order)

How would your gym look like.. where would you have it?

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    if i had a gym, my gym would a "Psychic & Dark" Gym where it only requires Psychic and Dark Pokemon

if trainers comes, it would be a dark room, an invisble wall so they have to use psychic pokemon to reveal and dark pokemon to find the tracks to find me. IF THEY DON'T, THEY'LL SUDDENLY END UP TO THEIR HOME LAND AND TRY AGAIN *evil laugh*

My team would be:

Mewtwo (Psychic)
    Kadabra (Psychic)
    Espeon (Psychic)
    Mightyena (Dark)
    Absol (Dark)
    Umbreon (Dark)

Clobarr13

The voices won't stop! *twitch
    Years
    Well, for the Fire and Bug gyms, I said the volcano and cave/forest, respectively.
    As for the Poison, maybe a marshy area (like the ones with the big geysers of acid hehe...)
    Well, location, I don't know...
    Fire Gym probably at Mt. Whatchamacallit in R/S/E (Chimney)
    Bug Gym would be probably in Petalburg Woods
    Poison Gym would be uhh... in a place kinda like Firey Path (the gas and stuff coming out of the ground)

I also remembered an idea that I had a long time ago...
    I made up an imaginary younger brother for Steven (Kevin or something)
    The story was that they were both given a Beldum when they were little by their Dad.
    While Steven went for the Steel/Rock/Groung aspects of Beldum, his brother went after the Psychic part. And you know, Steven wins cause he's older, bro gets mad, vows to get revenge, blah blah blah...
    Well anyway, one day he comes back and challenges Steven and he wins.
    His Pokemon are:

Xatu
    Medicham
    Alakazam
    Grumpig
    Gardevoir
    Metagross

Yeah... I had no life back then... lol

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
    Well, I'm more of a collector. But if I had a Gym, it would probably be Psychic, Dark and Ghost types. More mind power, and dark. I'd want my Gym to be located in a dim and dark town, perhaps one underground.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    My gym would be a Ground themed gym with one water type with a couple of ice attacks, to try to level any grass encounters. The gym itself would look craggly, brittle, and hand-Made on the outside, but like a ballroom on the inside, but with a punk-emo feel to it. Nice, very nice indeed.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    As recently as last year, as in, early last year, my brother caught me practising throwing a PokéBall... and asked what I was doing. I said I was imagining I had a gym. XD; *dork* I liked the underwater thing in the third movie ♥ but there'd be Panic! at the Disco and Muse playing. D:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I would say that my gym would have to be in Larousse, Hoenn. 8D I adore that city, and I would have a gym that took on the appearance of a Larousse-esque palace on the outside, while on the inside, the bottom and upper floor is a maze, in which you have to go from the bottom of the house, to the middle floor, the the top floor, reach the middle of the top floor, and fall down into the Gym, which would be in the middle of the 2nd floor.

It would probably be a ghost and psychic gym, or at the very least a water and ice one. If it was psychic, then the palace would probably be an illusion, if not, then it would probably be smaller, like a mansion or something. >D Because I love getting people frustrated, and the number of people who would ever actually make it to me would be minimal. Of course there be a big TV screen in the arena where I could watch people navigate my gym- just for my entertainment. xDDD

Or the Gym would be a dome underwater. >DD That'd be awesome.

squirtleboy12

BUTT SEX! ^__________________^
    Years
    i would have a cute pokemon gym with water pokemon swimming around..with lots of squirtles and totodiles!

BlueBlastoise7285

That Dude......
    Years
    Fire & Water

My Gym, it would balence out. Fire and water as the two main types, as they counteract most of each others weaknesses. Fire burns Grass and most (if not all) fire types can learn the move Earthquake. Water douses rock and ground types. And almost all of my pokemon would have a second type, that could confuse the opponent even more.

The Gym itself would be a sut on eight mix-matched tiles with rope bridges connecting them. The tiles would be colored to the corresponding to the trainer on them, fire on red tile and water on blue. Six tiles would have trainers and the last two in the back of the gym would be where I would battle

FIRE AND WATER, it would be unstoppable........

Pokemon

Macargo (Fire/Rock)
    Danphan (Water/Electric, only one weakness)
    Camerupt, knowing Earthquake (Fire/Ground)
    Ludicolo (Water/Grass, only one weakness)
    Charizard, knowing Earthquake(Fire/Flying)
    BLASTOISE, I do not have an obsession! (Water)

Just Think of a Pokemon that could defeat me......

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Just Think of a Pokemon that could defeat me......

A good Dragon type.

Most dragons can learn Earthquake, and are also of the Flying type... so there goes your Fire Pokemon. Water moves aren't very effective on Dragons, and Dragons sometimes can learn good Grass moves. Earthquake would already put your Danphan in a world of hurt because of his Electric type, and Ludicolo could be easily taken out by a Flying move (often compatable with Dragons), leaving one poke that could pose a bit of a threat.

The most I would fear with a Dragon against that team is a strong Ice Beam, or Blizzard, as most water types can learn both. But the fire portion would easily be owned by a Dragon who knows Earthquake (and thus making your Earthquake useless, with the common Flying type in Dragons).

Not a bad pick, though. Just watch out for Dragon types. ;-)

SnowPhoenix

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2008
    A dragon ice gym. My dragon Pokemon are hardened against the cold whether, their weakness to ice completely gone...

Back