• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of computer do you use?

What kind of computer do you use?

• Total voters

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    I use a pc a hp
    much faster than the couple of years old laptop i had (grr it was slow :( )

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I use an MSI Wind U100 at home. I love it so hard but I miss having vertical space. ;_;'

My other computer, an HP Pavilion dv6000 is a piece of crap usually broken in the sense that it doesn't realize it has a wireless card most of the time and even external wireless cards don't work. Aside from the short stints where it WILL recognize the card, the only way to get it online is to share the internet connection from my netbook. So I don't use it too often (despite the gorgeous resolution I get when I dual-screen with my monitor ;;). One of the fans in it is also broken and so it overheats very easily, even with an external fan running under it all the time. Mind you that broke too now so I'm just waiting for it to stop working entirely.

...but yeah, my netbook has never given me problems since I got it in February. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Got my trusty Macbook Pro.

Home computer is an iMac running 10.3 and for windows tasks I use my dad's laptop.

Years
    I use both a Desktop and a Laptop. Though I use my Laptop mainly because of wireless internet.

PC is a HP Pavilion with Windows XP, whilst this laptop is Advent QT5500 (PC World's own brand) with Windows Vista Home Premium.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I use both my notebook and my desktop, but the latter is the one I use the most. Built it myself, and I'm pretty proud of it:

Asus M3N78 PRO w/ Cooler Master Hyper Z600 and AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0GHz
    Cooler Master CM690 nVidia Edition
    8GB OCZ Gold PC26400 DDR2800
    Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB HDD w/ 32MB cache x2
    Asus DVD Multi Recorder
    XFX nVidia GeForce GTX295 1795MB
    Thermaltake ToughPower 750W PSU
    Microsoft Windows 7

Yeah...it owns Crysis...lol

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Toshiba actually puts out very nice laptops. Mine's an Acer, but I got it for free, which is why I'm using it. When it dies, though, I'm either going with an IBM/Lenovo or a Toshiba. The top two brands, in my opinion. I've seen so many Acer's, Dell's, HP's, Compaq's...yeah...I've seen so many come into the shop. Rarely do we ever get IBM's or Toshiba's, which, in my opinion, says a lot.

Oh, and to prove Fluke's point, my desktop cost me $1700 ($2000 if you include the monitor). BUT to get a comparable laptop, you would be spending, possibly, $1000 more.

Years
    My desktop, usually. I got it for Xmas one year. It's not that great, just enough for what I do with it. Might upgrade eventually, but I'm broke at the moment, so... maybe sometime after this Xmas.
    Spoiler:

I also just got a little Acer 10.1" Aspire One Netbook. I don't use it much at home unless I'm in the other room. I like having a mouse and my 32" TV and a normal-size keyboard. XD

Back