• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of RPs interest you these days?

Years
  • Lately, I feel like I've become more and more interested in RPs with a strong focus on characters as opposed to an endless series of action posts. Although I'm perfectly happy to combine the two. Meanwhile, I've gotten kind of bored of the standard journey RP. That's a big part of why I finally got around to creating a spiritual successor for Cracks, I wanted to see a fresh take on journey RPs and more character focus, so I made it lol.

What about you? What sort of RPs are you currently interested in? How, if at all, have your tastes changed?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Can I just say... I'll let you know eventually?
    I'm currently trying my hand at three different rps, and have no clear preference towards a certain kind of setting... but I'm currently interested by stories with great world building or interesting mechanics, where I can just put in my character and see what happens.
    That of course encompasses both some personal development, but more importantly interacting with other players and with the environment that's around you. Plus I really like world building myself so there's that :3
    Examples? Well, RPs with magic, trans-humanism and the likes, RPs with character interaction and joint posts, and in general crazy RP ideas ^^

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually never get bored with journey RPs. There's such a charm in them, and usually plenty of freedom to shape your own stories within the story!

Gotta find a GM who will stick with it tho. I'm currently doing my very best :strest:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • I don't know. It seems my RP style makes others disinterested instead of me. Got banned from a discord server because someone didn't like how I Rped. TBH they weren't that good of an RPer themselves, but that's besides the point. I like playing these two Roblox RP games where I can be whatever I want and nobody will have a problem with me making characters and never using them. Personally, I don't think I would be good at RPs but I like doing them so it really doesn't matter as much as I think it does.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • I'm currently a Player in two RPs, (Three, if you count the spin-off RP based on one of the two RPs I'm in.) which are currently on break. They use the established FATE Core system, which uses a lot of Dicerolls to spice up the drama of the story. I love playing both, and with the system taking up the brunt of things, I can focus on writing my character and the story they're involved in.

As for a Free-Form RP... I wouldn't mind joining another Gijinka RP. It's been a while since I played one of those, and it's easier now to keep in contact with players with Discord. I'll probably join one if a new one pops up.

That said, I don't want to join any Gen 8 based RP. I don't have a Switch yet, so I don't want to hear anything to spoil my first experience of Gen 8.

Back