• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kinds of music do you listen to?

Sayt

That cool dj/furry/pokemon guy
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Oops! As Yamikarasu pointed out, I posted this in the wrong spot, supposed to be in Other entertainment. I didn't see that section till just now, my bad.

:D I'm just wondering what all your tastes in music are.

Personally I love EBM, industrial, dark wave, harsh electro, power noise, aggrotech and all the related genres. Alongside these I also listen to progressive trance, speedcore, hardstyle, jumpstyle (yes I also dance jumpstyle), hardcore, drum n' bass, dubstep, happy hardcore, gabber, and the list goes on. I listen heavily to just about all genre's and sub-genre's of techno. EXCEPT house. Some songs are tolerable but I have a dislike for the sound of House music.

So now that you know all about my music lol, I'm curious, anyone like any of the same genre's as me? If not what are your favorite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    The only kind of music that I like within the list that you gave us would be Trance. I don't know how it's different from Progressive Trance, but I like Trance.

However, I don't much like techno at all. I like progressive rock, experimental rock, psychedelic rock and art rock. Those are my favorites, and you can pretty much guess that I'm a rock-loving guy, but I dislike stuff like punk rock and easy rock. To put it simply, I listen to Alternative Rock and Hard Rock. Mostly Alternative.

It's orgasmic.

Sayt

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Well as far as I know the difference between normal trance and progressive trance is that progressive trance has more of an ambient sound\feel to it, at least that's what I think. Trance music isn't my main focus so I don't know too much about it ha.

Also, aside from techno there are a few exceptions I listen to. Pink Floyd, Tupac, Muse, Snoop Dogg (some songs), CKY, and a few songs by MSI.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well as far as I know the difference between normal trance and progressive trance is that progressive trance has more of an ambient sound\feel to it, at least that's what I think. Trance music isn't my main focus so I don't know too much about it ha.

Also, aside from techno there are a few exceptions I listen to. Pink Floyd, Tupac, Muse, Snoop Dogg (some songs), CKY, and a few songs by MSI.
    Tupac was a legend. And now Lil' Wayne is slowly becoming one. xD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Tupac makes me want to shoot people... in a good way.

Oh my Gales! I love Tupac! Biggie Smalls was alright, but Pac raps were less... lewd as Biggie.

I like Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB/Rock/Punk/Grunge/Alternative/Country.

Years
  • I highly dislike most recent music. I like music from the 80's, and I prefer German and Russian music over English music.
    I don't like metal or rap either, I listen to mostly Neue Deutsche Welle and pop rock.

Oh, and I know it isn't an actual genre or anything, but I adore protest songs.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I highly dislike most recent music. I like music from the 80's, and I prefer German and Russian music over English music.
    I don't like metal or rap either, I listen to mostly Neue Deutsche Welle and pop rock.

You're going to love Rise Against, I assure you. ;)

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I listen to Hardcore, Metal, Grindcore, SOME hip-hop, Indie.

Here, I'll even include a list of bands.

From A Second Story Window, The Acacia Strain, All Shall Perish, Animosity, Arsonists Get All The Girls, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, The Band Apart, Before Their Eyes, Beneath the Sky, Between the Buried and Me, The Black Dahlia Murder, Bridge to Solace, Bring Me The Horizon, Buried In Verona, Bury Your Dead, Carnifex, Daft Punk, Dance Club Massacre, The Devil Wears Prada, A Different Breed of Killer, The Faceless, Fantomas, I Killed The Prom Queen, Iwrestedabearonce, Job For A Cowboy, Killswitch Engage, KillWhitneyDead, Ligeia, A Love Ends Suicide, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, Paris is Burning, Protest The Hero, The Red Chord, Romeo Must Die, Sea of Treachery, See You Next Tuesday, Sky Eats Airplane, Steve Irwin, Stick To Your Guns, Suicide Silence, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Underoath, Veil of Maya, War From A Harlots Mouth, WhiteChapel, Winds of Plague, 30 Seconds To Mars, For The Fallen Dreams, Deftones, Death Cab For Cutie

Ayselipera

I like a little bit of everything. The main genres I listen to are alternative, classic rock, oldies, and pop.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is country. Some occasional Taylor Swift and Sheryl Crow are okay, but I always thought they had more of a pop/rock/country sound.

Sayt

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Wow nice selection Syrex!

Asian Pride said:
    Oh my Gales! I love Tupac! Biggie Smalls was alright, but Pac raps were less... lewd as Biggie.
    Hah totally agree on that.

Also I forgot to add this but I love Dethklok. Like, that's my third most listened to artist. Especially all the songs off Dethalbum II

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Shouldn't this be in Other Entertainment?

Anyway, my list of favorite bands/artists, taken from Facebook, and placed neatly in alphabetical order:

The Airborne Toxic Event, Atmosphere, Blue October, Brother Ali, Daft Punk, Death Cab for Cutie, The Eagles, edIT, Flobots, Harvey Danger, Immortal Technique, Incubus, Lupe Fiasco, Newton Faulkner, Paper Route, The Postal Service, Rafael Casal, Steve Miller Band, We Were Promised Jetpacks

So the list is pretty much Indie/Hip Hop/Electronic/Rock... so pretty much everything. I listen to a lot of other bands, of course, but these are my consistent favorites.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • Pop and country. But sometimes I go for the slow ones, like "The Climb" or "Rock With You". I also listen to the occasional K-Pop and RnB.

Years
  • I'm quite open in terms of what I listen to, but they tend to come under 'Metal'. My favourite Genre is Symphonic/Gothic Metal because I like the likes of Nightwish, Sirenia, Within Temptation, Cradle of Filth and what not. But in all honesty if the song has good lyrics and a good tune I'll listen to it =P

I love J-pop/J-rock, Some dance music appeals to me too though is probably towards the bottom of my list. I love Classical and soundtracks and some hip hop isn't wasted on me either. So yeah, I'm picky when it comes to what I listen to, but Genre wise I'm pretty open =P

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Most of pop, rock, mixed genre (pop-rock, etc), r&b, hip-hop, jazz, and a lot of stuff.

I'm also listening to some cool K-pop nowadays. XD

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • All you need is my untis, untis, untis...

techno raveeee. ^_^

I like the music they play at raves.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I like lots of music but my favorites are Techno and Underground Hip-Hop, especially hip-hop with a story or good meaning. I also hate pretty much all mainstream music like: 50 Cent/Green Day/etc.

I highly dislike most recent music. I like music from the 80's, and I prefer German and Russian music over English music.

Could you suggest some Russian music, I like it, even though I only know a few Russian words so far :D

LOL I thought this was funny, right after posting this, there was a 50 cent ad at the top of the page.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    Rock in general really, but pretty much mostly punk rock, most (or all?) of my favourite bands fall into that genre :)

Back