• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What languages can you speak?

Years
  • I speak fluent french but it's my first language so it's normal and I'm getting more fluent in english than I used to be I started learning english in grade 3 but never get into it before grade 11. I way more fluent to write, read, listen than to talk. Having boyfriend that mostly only speak english should help for that point... if we could have cnversation on phone more often.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    [SIZE="a"]I speak extremely unfluent Mandarin and English. I just can't speak properly.[/SIZE]

Years
  • The only language that I can speak fluently is English. I've just switched out of a journalism degree and into a linguistics degree, where I will be learning Japanese and French. I can already speak basic Japanese, but I don't know any French yet.

I'm hoping to spend time in Los Angeles at some point over the next few years, and plan to learn Spanish while I'm there (or at least begin learning it).

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Fluent in English.
    Conversational French and British Sign Language.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm fluent only in English. I studied Spanish in school but that was years ago and I've since forgotten much of it. I've picked up a few Japanese phrases and words from all my anime watching, but still can't put together coherent sentences in Japanese.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm only fluent in English, but my French is good enough so that I can be a competent tourist for a long period of time. Indeed, my French tends to vanish when I'm back in the UK but magically flourish when I need to speak it. A few days into my last sojourn there, it all just came back to me! My Japanese is very basic, but I'm going to be going to Japan in a few months so I need to desperately brush up on it if I want to buy stuff/not get held in Customs for two weeks!

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • How many languages do you know?

So, how many languages do you know? Are you fluent in any of them? How did you learn them? What's your favorite language?

As for me I know quite a few
    Russian (Learning)
    Hindi (Learning)
    Spanish(Fluent)
    Japanese (Semi-Fluent)
    English(Fluent)
    Italian (Semi-Fluent)
    Pig-Latin. (Professor)

My favorite language is Japanese and Hindi. They are just beautiful, I taught myself most languages, and I want to go into the study of them, to me, they are intriguing.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • I'm fluent in English and Malay, as those are the two primary languages in the Malaysian education syllabus. I can read the Arabic alphabets (it's called Jawi here), but I can't actually speak Arabic. I know quite a few words from the German and Turkish language. Despite there being a lot of Chinese here, I can't speak or understand any of their dialects.

Also, I can automatically understand the Indonesian language, since Malay and Indonesian are the same in many ways. I think there are few words that I readily know from Tagalog, but Malay and Tagalog is otherwise wholly different.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    1. English: Probably my most fluent language, I always use it on writing and reading.

2. Tagalog: I'm not bad at this language but I always have a hard time in speaking this language.

3. Spanish: I'm currently in Spanish classes but I'm not that fluent in Spanish yet.

4. Japanese: I tutor myself in speaking Japanese. I already know many words in that language.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
  • Polish - my native language so of course I'm fluent xD

English - fluent because I use It reeeeally often :3

Spanish - I was fluent because I lived in Panama for 3 years when I was 6-9 years old. Sadly, because of not using It for many years now I'm forgetting It.

Italian - only the basics, I have It at school.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • fluent in english and portuguese!
    but I can find my way around in spanish (where I'm from, our portuguese is the closest to spanish you'll get lol) and japanese (I studied it for a while and my vocabulary knowledge is huuuge because of all those bad animu and mango)

in the future though I want to learn german, tagalog and korean! they sound fun

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • my native tongue (filipino), english, and french are the three languages i can speak. i haven't really learned a lot of french, just basic directions, some objects, numbers, some of the accents , conjugations, and the alphabet; i'm planning to further my studies on this language this summer.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I speak English fluently.

I do speak Tagalog at home, but with a very American tongue. Much less fluent, I also speak the Spanish you learn in high school, the Japanese you learn from anime, Korean you learn from dramas, and random Mandarin.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    The only language I'm fluent in is English, since it's my native language.
    I'm currently studying French and Japanese, both of which I know quite a lot of.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Japanese was my first language
    Cantonese was my second
    Mandarin was my third
    English was my forth
    ...And right now I'm learning French and German :D

Ninja Sky

"Ah! Le Strong Silent Type!"
    Years
  • My native language is English.
    I understand Spanish, but can't speak it very well.
    I used to be able to understand VERY basic Japanese, but I've forgotten everything.

Back