• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Level...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I only used a Lv. 55 Dragonite to beat the Pokemon League.

Vie

Years
    yeah, around level 55-60. but you have to use strategy as well, not only the level counts.

Years
    Well looks like my pokemon ain't going to win lol.
    I find it really difficult training them. I only have two pokemon that are Lv50 and up and they are two legandary birds. The rest of my opkemon range from Lv9 to Lv43.
    I have a LONG way to go :(

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Depends on what game? can you be a bit more brief please. I was about level 55-65 and i found it easy.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Like, at the high ends of the 30's. Levels 38ish. Only because I had a decent leveled Gardevoir who stockpiled 6 Calm Minds each time I battled a gym leader, then sweeped their teams. Gardy's was only level 40, and none of my other Pokemon did any work, so they were naturally low leveled. ._.;

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    40-51 i guess, all Blazers & Aggron did the hard work.Oh! not to mention swampy!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2008
    I just kept training, so my Blazikan was about level 70 when I went through Victory road, now it's level 87. =)

Years
    I've beaten the Elite with pokemon in the L20's before...
    In general, when I'm playing through the game, my pokemon range in the L40s (L50s or L60s if I trained a lot for some reason)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    LVL 35-45, when you have a well balanced team, it's easy, if all else fails just buy about 30 revives.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've beaten the Elite with pokemon in the L20's before...

O_o Wow.

Anyways, mine are always LV 50. It's just a little habit of mine- get the whole team to LV 50 and then go beat the E4. I'm not a great battler so 20 each of Full Restores, Hyper Potions and Revives work wonders.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Well,because I have nothing better to do! I'll give you a list of all games.

Red/Blue: 50-60s
    Yellow: 55-60s
    Gold/Silver/Crystal: 45 and up
    Ruby/Sapphire: 45 and up
    Fire Red/Leaf Green: 50s and up
    Emerald: 45 and up
    Diamond and Pearl: 55s and 65s

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'll usually have something at... like, level 70, and the rest going down to about 30 at the lowest.

My teams usually have about two Pokemon that seldom if ever actually participate in battles, and the frontman is always up to a considerably higher level than everyone else. xD;
    Terrible, but I scrape by.

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
    catch the other legendary bird and i normally use all my money on revives etc. and then battle the first guy and purposely lose on their last pokemon as you get the exp
    my team in 2004 (just before e4 (i kept a record to see what level i needed)
    charizard lv 45
    snorlax lv 45
    articuno lv 50
    zapdos lv 50
    moltres lv 50
    onix lv 35

tons of revives and super potions etc.

snorlax and onix are for using revives and potions and what not for your other pokemon

current team (started again (just after koga))

charizard lv 55
    pikachu lv 50
    articuno lv 50
    zapdos lv 50
    hm slave
    hm slave

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My level list for the games goes like this (WARNING: I am notorious for over-leveling)

Red/Blue: 60
    Yellow: 60
    Gold/Silver/Crystal: 45-50
    Ruby/Sapphire: 55
    Fire Red/Leaf Green: 58-60
    Emerald: 55
    Diamond and Pearl: 62-64

Usually I have a team of five or six for the Elite 4, well-balanced. But my over-leveling is why it takes me so long to beat the game XD

Last edited:
    Back