• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you a fan of Pokemon?

elite13kid

I rule!
Years
  • The first time i seen the show i was so into it...the more and more i watched it the more i liked it....i also loved Pikachu, he is the best pokemon besides dragon pokemon...tat is how i became a pokemon fan....and then i got into anime a whole lot....but that is another story... =]

Years
  • My mom got me Red Version for Christmas. Then, I played it all day, that day...And got like, more than halfway through.
    Then I found out there was a TV show...And I watched it, and was like... *rocking back and forth* WHEE!

But, yeah. How long ago was that? I dunno anymore...Lol.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • It started when Nintendo Power had these little booklet things that only subscibers got. Part of it was a walk-through and the other half was a comic of the anime. Reading the walkthrough, looking at the different Pokemon, and seeing the plot of the anime got me really interested, mostly for my love of animals. So then I started watching the anime. But I wanted more. I then started reading fanfiction and, seeing people's own take on trainer journeys and anime events, I became more excited about the fandom. In Christmas of 1999 I got Yellow and I was hooked.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    well my mom works at Hasbro, and they picked up Pokemon when it hit the US. my brother and i did some toy testing for certain things. and we got to try out the games before they came out =D

i was instantly addicted.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • My friend let me borrow his blue version, I kept playing it and got hooked. Then when yellow version came out I bought one and started playing people, t'was fun to battle 5 or 6 people in one day. Needless to say, Mewtwo was so OUed v_v.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2005
    I got the Red version for Christmas in 1998, and didn't know much about it. Then I got hooked and began watching the anime, collecting the cards, and buying the other games when they came out. I grew out of it in 2001. Then this summer I started watching the anime again for the heck of it, and now I'm a Pokemon anime fanatic. :D

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • The zubat I got from BK when i was 10. I always wondered what it was from and a year later I found out. Then i like it, now I just think its oakay and all. I'm big so everything changed I think.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The Anime started me on it. Then, I lost interest for a while. I saw The First Movie, and was hooked for a bit more, then lost interest. I played one of the games (Yellow), then I was back into it, though not as relogiously as before. And now, we're here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2005
    Nintendo Power sent me this video that was basically a big advertisement for this new game called Pokemon. It was mostly just actors explaining about how cool Pokemon are, and talking a bit about the anime, and at the end they played the PokeRap. It was really stupid, now that I think about it, but it still got me totally excited.

When Red and Blue came out, I got Red. Can't recall exactly why I favoured Red over Blue, but I do remember that it was for a good reason. A great reason, even. Anyway, after getting hooked on the game I felt obligated to check out the anime. The anime was high above my standards for a cartoon at the time. With the combined power of a great TV show and a greater game, I was a Pokemon fan forever.

So... did anybody else get that video?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • My little brothers. Those little obsessed post-toddlers, gosh. They will bug you to death, until you've been surrounded by so much of something, that you get hooked. Thankfully, Pok?mon is the only thing they've gotten me into. If it wasn't for my amazing will power, I would be watching KND all day, OMGoshness!

Ran

anime fan of doom!!!11one
    Years
  • I got in and out of it because of Digimon too. XD I'm a Pokemon fan all because of the anime. It was interesting to see and like I guess. The games got me even more into Pokemon. ^^

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I was in Toys R Us with my brother one day(This happened in late 98), and I saw the games to play in a demo. I saw a preview of the TV show right beside it. I didn't pay much attention. I thought Red/Blue were cool games. But I didn't get Red until sometime in 2001. In a faithful moment in Feb 1999, I saw "The Song of Jiggypuff" on Kid's WB. I fell in love with the anime really quick. It was just the characters are soo freaking cool. I liked Ash, Misty, Brock, James, Jessie. They were so super cool in that epsiode. And I thought Pikachu was cute! It was so well animated. It also had drama and action in one. After that I wanted more. I am so into the anime than the games. The anime owns all. ^^

Back