• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Makes a Rom Hack So Popular

So What Is the Big part of making a hack Popular

• Total voters

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, the only hack that has jumped right out at me is Ice version. None of the others have really held my attention. Brown did well because of Datai's walkthrough of it, and I don't even know any other hacks.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    It's really hard to chose only one, because hacks don't get famous with only one thing. But if I must say, It's the scripts (or) the graphics

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I think that luck is all that there is. I mean ShinyGold isn't that good. There is better remakes that are complete (plus more) like LiquidCrystal.

The hacks that are popular are just because enough people are like this to there friends "youve gotta play this game its awesome".

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    If a hack's popularity was totally up to me, I'd go with scripts. But, it's not totally up to me, and I realize that, honestly, its based on the author/hacker. Good hacks are ignored and, thus, discontinued because the people hacking them aren't known. Sad, really.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
    A hack may be popular because of two reasons-
    1) It may be really goof.
    2) It may be really bad.
    The first thing that draws a person towards a hack is the creator and the hack name.
    More people would visit a hack by Vrai or someone equally popular rather than a hack by an unknown newbie. ;)
    The next thing is the thread organisation. Flashy CSS threads always attract people.
    Next, the Screenshots. If you have got mind-blowing tiles, your hack is a success. People like hacks that have great tiles.
    Next comes the story and features. If they are also good, your hack officially rocks. :)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    It's a mix of great scripts and great maps and an interesting storyline. without any one greatness is impossible.
    shinny gold: Great scripts, but the rest is mostley a remake.
    light platinum: brilliant storyline, and good maps.
    brown: great maps, scripts, and storyline.
    crono: beautiful maps, and brilliant scripts. also the story line grabs the player.
    infernal legend: has the best scripts on average of any hack.

Back