• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What next?

Years
I mostly agree with Sopheria's prediction. I think the next CoroCoro will likely reveal the starters, mascot legendaries and maybe the protagonists. Then maybe the following months will reveal more new Pokemon, the professor, villain team and other notable new features.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It seems unlikely that we'd get a trailer for Sun & Moon in the upcoming direct...

but I suppose stranger things have happened. I wouldn't be holding my breath though.

pkmin3033

It seems unlikely that we'd get a trailer for Sun & Moon in the upcoming direct...

but I suppose stranger things have happened. I wouldn't be holding my breath though.
I think it unlikely we'll get a trailer too, unfortunately; it's supposed to be focusing on upcoming summer releases, and they've set a Holiday 2016 release date for it. A snippet at the end - like a dramatic flash with some sort of silhouette of what may or may not be a mascot Legendary - is probably about all we could hope for.

...well, as long as I get a DQVII release date out of the direct I'll be happy with it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
To sum up what I think is going to be in the 2016 CoroCoro, according to X/Y's 2013, most likely this:

March: nothing (title only, still)
April: Movie details
May: Legendaries/starters
June: New pokemon/Region Map
July: Proffessor/Main Characters/New pokemon
August: The new Mega evolution
September: New pokemon/new bad team
October: Starter's 2nd/ 3rd evolution
November: Last Corocoro, new pokemon

It's rumored that the release date will be October 28th. If that's true then I see this:
March: Starters, some new mons (most likely the mascots), region name, maybe a map
April: Regional Rodent, and bird if they're not amongst those included in March.
May: Some random new Pokemon and map if it's not shown earlier. Some Megas
June: New Volcanion forme, or more details on Magearna. A mega or two
July: Even more details on Volcanion and Magearna. Perhaps a mention of Volcanion possibly unlocking Magearna's event. Starter's 2nd evolutions
August: Evil team. Megas of the leaders
September: starters 3rd evolutions
October: Last Corocoro, summary. Maybe a few last minute megas, or a number of how many Pokemon they might be, like _+ instead of the actual number.

Years
It's rumored that the release date will be October 28th. If that's true then I see this:
March: Starters, some new mons (most likely the mascots), region name, maybe a map
April: Regional Rodent, and bird if they're not amongst those included in March.
July: Even more details on Volcanion and Magearna. Perhaps a mention of Volcanion possibly unlocking Magearna's event. Starter's 2nd evolutions
October: Last Corocoro, summary. Maybe a few last minute megas, or a number of how many Pokemon they might be, like _+ instead of the actual number.

Based on patterns from 2013 in the lead-up to XY's release, I speculate this may be the pattern of info revealed. I wouldn't be so sure about a new Volcanion form, but maybe a possible meaning of how it could play in the possible Magearna event.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think it unlikely we'll get a trailer too, unfortunately; it's supposed to be focusing on upcoming summer releases, and they've set a Holiday 2016 release date for it. A snippet at the end - like a dramatic flash with some sort of silhouette of what may or may not be a mascot Legendary - is probably about all we could hope for.

...well, as long as I get a DQVII release date out of the direct I'll be happy with it.

To be fair though, we did get Smash reveals in directs even when the release of the game was still a year or so away.

We'll see I guess.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Probably monthly in Corocoro, but I think we could see something in the direct tomorrow.

Years
To be fair though, we did get Smash reveals in directs even when the release of the game was still a year or so away.

We'll see I guess.

We also got the reveal of Fairy during E3's Direct, and some stuff on OrAs during the following year's E3. Hopefully other Directs will get something. We did get a trailer of OrAS in the variety show a week after they were announced, not that it was much...

Years
Probably monthly in Corocoro, but I think we could see something in the direct tomorrow.

The Direct is for summer releases. If they show anything Pokemon related tomorrow, it'll probably be Pokken with Sun and Moon maybe getting a passing mention at most.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The Direct is for summer releases. If they show anything Pokemon related tomorrow, it'll probably be Pokken with Sun and Moon maybe getting a passing mention at most.

That literally doesn't mean much.

Look at Smash bros, all directs up until it's release were not focused on the release window for the game, and it all always had news.

Like pokemon, smash is a big game for Nintendo.

so Sun and Moon trailer is not that unlikely. It's got decent odds.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was actually thinking about the possibility of them having Pokemon reveals at the end of directs, sort of like what they did with Smash Bros.

Not sure if that's really that likely but it would be pretty exciting to know there would be a new exclusive Pokemon reveal (not seen in CoroCoro or revealed by The Pokemon Company) whenever a new direct came around.

pkmin3033

It would be very considerate of them to reveal Pokemon to US and EU audiences through directs in this fashion, since we don't have an equivalent of CoroCoro and typically wind up finding out pretty much everything about a game second hand through the internet. It'd make a nice change for Nintendo to offer global reveals of Pokemon for a change on a monthly basis rather than a lackluster direct once in a blue moon. Since it's the 20th Anniversary, I'd say it's possible, but...eh, I wouldn't hold my breath.

T-minus 24 hours and 15 minutes and counting until we find out one way or the other!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I don't think we'll see anything tomorrow because it would be silly to have a trailer or something and not put it in the dedicated Pokemon Direct.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Too much for March I think. New Pokemon, mascots OR starters is what I think we'll be getting this month. Most likely though we'll probably just get a trailer. Keep in mind that nothing has to follow any formula and data could leak out even slower. From what I remember we aren't hit with too much major early on. Only after about two-three months stuff comes out pretty fast.

I think the Nintendo direct could have Pokemon-related stuff. Although it says Winter and Autumn (here), we could get lucky and they could be including Winter up until 21st of September (or whatever the usual cutoff is for the season itself). Black and White was released in September so it's not too unlikely that these games could release just on the edge of Winter, and thus meaning they could be included in the direct. I'm hopeful ok.

Years
Too much for March I think. New Pokemon, mascots OR starters is what I think we'll be getting this month. Most likely though we'll probably just get a trailer. Keep in mind that nothing has to follow any formula and data could leak out even slower. From what I remember we aren't hit with too much major early on. Only after about two-three months stuff comes out pretty fast.

I think the Nintendo direct could have Pokemon-related stuff. Although it says Winter and Autumn (here), we could get lucky and they could be including Winter up until 21st of September (or whatever the usual cutoff is for the season itself). Black and White was released in September so it's not too unlikely that these games could release just on the edge of Winter, and thus meaning they could be included in the direct. I'm hopeful ok.
Your Direct will says Autumn and Winter? Our Direct only mentions summer.

When was the region name revealed for Unova and Kalos? It feels like it took longer to learn the Japanese name for Unova (different from Unova oddly enough) than Kalos.

blue

gucci
Years
If anything Pokemon related the Direct will be focused on Pokken Tournament and perhaps Pokemon Go. I think the next details will surface when CoroCoro next leaks, that is usually the early source for information about the upcoming main games. They wont wait until E3 for the next batch of information, that means we wouldn't have anything for over 3 months. If they wanted to do that then they would have just unveiled the games at E3 or at a closer time to the actual event.

pkmin3033

Looks like it'll be CoroCoro for the next reveal, unless we get a Pokemon Direct towards the end of the month...which wouldn't be wholly unexpected, but at the same time I'm not going to hold my breath for a proper update directly addressed at Western territories for another three or four months at the most. Information will trickle through between now and then, sure, but most of it will probably come second hand from Japan and announced casually a couple of days later for the rest of the world, same as always.

Years
I knew the Direct wasn't even going to mention Sun & Moon, but at least that means more suspense to hype up. Besides, I'm sure a new CoroCoro issue is only a few weeks away so we'll look forward to that.

Back