• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nicknames do you give to your pokemon

Do You Give Your Pokemon A Nickname?

• Yes

Votes: 219 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    No, I don't like giving out nicknames. I'm not good at thinking up good nicknames for Pokemon and I am also not good at remembering names either so I don't bother with them. :P

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    DO you nickname your pokemon?

do you nickname your pokemon? if so how do you decide your nicknames?

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    I do. Generally something Japanese. ;). In Pearl, say, I got a Piplup named Shugo, a Shinx called Rena, and a Gible called Sakura. ;D

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I nickname the shiny pokemon I capture. I don't intentionally go looking for them, which is the reason for nicknaming them.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Mostly i just nickname shiny pokemon as well. Or i name pokemon i use in battles which generally have terrible nicknames.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I nickname the Pokémon on my main team, because after a while it gets quite straining to think of names for everything I catch.

I try not to use generic names, or Japanese names, because man are they overused xD;

My favourite team member of the moment is my Gastrodon, named Excalibur 8D

Years
    I never used to, as I could never be bothered to think of any decent names. xD; With my most recent playthrough of Platinum, however, I made the effort with nicknames.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    on occasion. sometimes I'll decide to name everything I catch but most of the time I just leave them as is.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Sometimes, though it's not very often and I haven't for a while. Generally, i'm not great at choosing decent nicknames so I avoid it completely.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    For the most part I don't. My Jolteon is always Joltee and Pikachu is always Ka-Chu, even though I usually don't bother much with Pikachu after the water gym.

Years
    I only tend to nickname the Pokemon in my party or if i encounter something rare. Also when i nickname i use something simple - Espeon: Esper.

Alec_

Years
    Well yeah, Sometimes i always give a nickname but if the nickname doesn't fit. Then no! xD.

~Fairytales.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    I gave my Pokemon nicknames, e.g. my Umbreon Moonlight and my Gyarados Leviator, but sometime you don't know what nicknames you should give the Pokemon, and in my opinion, either every Pokemon in team should have a nickname or none. Anyway, my favourite nickname was Serenety for Togekiss because it's a wonderful name and remembers to his ability Serene Grace.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I usually don't, but on my play through on Platinum I bred a Pichu w/Volt Tackle and NNed him Sparky (Yes is was after Ritche's Pikachu)

Ayselipera

I only nickname my pokemon when I'm extremely bored.
    I just nickname them on whatever I feel like they look like.
    Anyways I haven't nicknamed any of my pokemon since
    when I first got Sapphire which was years ago.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    no i just sometimes nickname them if im going to trade them so my friend cant change it and be stuck with it

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Tangrowth: 00berN00dl =D
    Togekiss: Serenety, remembering its ability Serene Grace
    Gengar: Ectoplasma, after his french name
    Gyarados: Leviator, after his french name
    Scizor: Red Claw
    Snorlax: Bliss' Bro, because its as fat as Blissey =D

Some of nicknames i gave my Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.