• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What part of the game do you find the most entertaining?

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Everybody has a part of the game that they enjoy more so than every other.

For me and many I've talked to, the most entertaining part of the game is starting from the beginning. Infact, my friends start a new game every time they get back into Pokemon. I recall starting a new game without saving to see how far you could get (not technically a speed run since speed doesn't count).

I agree. Another fun part is having to refine your team to defeat a gym leader after being defeated.

What do you think is the best part of the games that you will happily replay again?

(Pick RBY, GSC or both, mine apply to both)

Samuel.Olu

Avoid hangovers: stay drunk.
    Years
    I like the Climax eg.. Catching Diagla Kyogre and Groudon attacking, i think most people like that as it's soo cool

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I like the Climax eg.. Catching Diagla Kyogre and Groudon attacking, i think most people like that as it's soo cool

psst. this is for GSC and RBYG

anyway, my favorite part is catching pokemon and evolving them. Back in the day, i used to catch like 2 pokemon and level them up to like 80

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I love to play the later stages of the game, because of the music and battles, and jut the places. Of course, I am talking about GSC, as I am afraid RBY and FRLG annoy me into high heaven.

pluslefan

water/fire trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    i like it when you capture uniqe pokemon in the safari zone

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    G/S/C
    -------
    I love traveling threw Johto. The soundtrack is just amazing. And then the nostalgic blast of awesome when you get to Kanto (until you realize all your doing is battle weak ass trainers with your level 50s and most of the dungeons suck)

R/B/Y
    -------
    I love going on the S.S. Anne. Invading peoples cabins and collecting items while listen to calm and the nice and relaxing BGM.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    The Elite Four! I think it's the hardest and most exciting part of any pokemon game! The whole game builds up to it with the badge collecting and pokemon training.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    The music is always entertaining. And, what a lot of the trainers say after you finish a battle can give me a bit of a laugh. S'pecially, when the Normal Type Gym Leader chucks a sook in Gold. >D

Oh, and making a weird level 99 Charizard with the name AAAAAA when I pull out the link bable in the middle of a battle. >D AND WINNING

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    *Listening to Lt. Surge and reading that sign in front of his gym.
    (Huuuuur... American |B Speaking of which is he American in the Japanese Version?)

*Fighting Eusine in the Crystal Version.

*Battling Suicune in the Crystal Version.

*Entering the Burnt Tower and seeing the legendary pokemon.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Eh, i'm not to sure. I like it all. But I think it is that feeling you get when you have just finished training a pokemon to LV.100, I love that feeling XD

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I liked the new features that were in Crystal; the graphics were a bit bad though.

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I loved in GSC when you just beat the E4 and then Oak (or Elm?) say u can travel 2 Kanto! Double fun!

In RBYG... I never got 2 play dat game...=(

aricarrot

Jedi Knight
    Years
    I LOVE when you get to Kanto in GSC. The music's all updated and awesome! In RBY, I like the Game Corner (the Rocket part-- I'm really bad at the slots!)... mostly because I have nostalgic memories of having a snow day in elementary school and getting through that part!!

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    I LOVE when you get to Kanto in GSC. The music's all updated and awesome! In RBY, I like the Game Corner (the Rocket part-- I'm really bad at the slots!)... mostly because I have nostalgic memories of having a snow day in elementary school and getting through that part!!

yeah that was my fav part also, nly when fighting brock some moron said that thunder bolt could hit all of brocks pokes, I was dumb enough to wast all my amphys moves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    My fave part is when you just get into the game, right about after all the travelling back and forth from Cherrygrove and all that. From Violet City to probably about Mahogany Town. Mid-Jhoto is fun!

Back