• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What pokeball you use to capture Mewtwo!

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
  • Premier Ball. I try to get everything in Premier Balls. It's hard because each one costs $2000 and they are only as good as a regular PokeBall.
    The Poké Ball Boutique in lumiose city sells the premier ball for the regular pokéball price( for 300 pokédollars)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    timer ball, 10th turn.

it just used recover so it was in the green, i couldn't believe my eyes.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Quick balls, about 6 times over a dozen soft resets. Dusk balls the other times

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    I managed to snag him super easy with an ultra ball, after a merry-go-round of Recover spam.

same here after weaking mewtwo 5 times and watching him recover 5 times i weakened him once more and caught him with the second ultra ball I threw.

Years
  • I just used my Master Ball to try to get good natures and IVs. If I save the Master Ball I never end up using it anyways.

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
  • Used the oh so snazzy premier ball. Took forever to get the Nature and IVs I wanted, but in the end I settled for slightly less than perfect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I catch everything without damaging it and while only throwing pokeballs. This has worked for me until about level 30, since then I have not been capturing pokemon and have been tackling the campaign / using wonder trade. I wonder how many pokeballs you would need to catch a mewtwo haha.

Anom

Ace trainer
    Years
  • Caught mewtwo on my first try with a pokeball. I was really surprised when it happened. I prepared 99 pokeballs to try to capture him with and then i just got him on the first try. That was really lucky of me.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Took one Dusk Ball and that was that.

Years
  • Made him faint by accident the first time so shut the game off, then opened it up against. Second time through I got his health super low (no Recover spam this time, thank goodness) and caught him after two Ultra balls. I wanted to laugh and squeal at the same time.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • :P Mewtwo was the easiest legendary to catch for me.
    1 Quick ball, and a Dusk Ball the next turn and there he went!

Zygarde, however, made me use timer balls because I wasted around 35 ultra balls, a quick ball and 5 dusk balls on him... I restarted like 4 times too because I killed him by accident >.>

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • Got pretty lucky with my second dusk ball at 3/4th health. Recover... Blarg

Back