• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What pokeball you use to capture Mewtwo!

datgreentea

nomnomnom ^^
Years
  • After getting Mewtwo to sleep, I intended to catch it with a Luxury Ball, but accidentally threw a Heal Ball instead and caught it. x.x

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    lol....I used a heal ball as well....seems like mewtwo is certernly easier to catch then in the orginal generation. All I did was paralyze it and caught it with my first ball....nao what do I do with my stock of 49 heal balls and 50 timer balls?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Caught it with a standard Poke Ball, same as with every Pokemon I have caught in this game, even the legendaries. I don't know why but I just enjoy it more catching everything in a Poke Ball :)

Yup. Same for me. I don't really like using any of the other balls, except for maybe Ultra Balls. But I've managed to catch every Pokémon in this game with a regular Poké Ball.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    i didnt have a dedicated paralysis pokemon so i just used thunderbolt and figured i'd throw regular pokeballs until it used recover so i could thunderbolt again. caught it on the first pokeball on turn 2 and it blew my mind.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I used a Dive Ball, just because I love the Dive Ball, most people that I know IRL used the Dusk or Quick Ball though lol

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I use Quick Balls until turn 4, and then I focus on using other Pokeballs. No damage, caught Mewtwo with the 14th Timer Ball.
    I caught Yveltal with the first Quick Ball and Xerneas with the Master Ball.
    Zygarde was caught with the 9th Timer Ball (after 8 turns of Quick/Great Balls)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Idk if this is impressive but i caught him with a pokeball... While he was burned and down to the last hp.. If i didnt catch him he would have died...phew.. Just in time...

After getting Mewtwo to sleep, I intended to catch it with a Luxury Ball, but accidentally threw a Heal Ball instead and caught it. x.x

Doesn't mewtwo have an ability that makes him stay awake? Or thats because of mega evolution?

Last edited:

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Can't remember how many tries/resets it took, but I ultimately used a Dusk Ball. :t262:

ShaizaadAzaad

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • It took me 50+ Pokeballs to catch Mewtwo, I finally caught him after restarting my game many times.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't get how you all caught him so easily. I found Yveltal easy to catch but Mewtwo was hard. I used false swipe and paralysed him and threw loads of ultra balls but none of them worked so I ended up using a master ball lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    what pokeball a pokeball normal 1 the second one took me 2 cause i made a mistake when i went to mewtwo i was level 93. all my pokemon were over 83 when i started the elite 4 when i came out they were all over 88 so mewtwo didin't stand a chance a pokeball that's all u really need in pokemon
    \(^O^)/

i actaully also caught xernes with a normal pokeball like i did with mewtwo proof that the normal pokeball is the single most awesome ball and that the legendary's are no Defrent from a rattata in front of the normal pokeball

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I used about 6 ultraballs, and Yveltal caught it without damage and with just 1 ultra lol

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I used my Salamence. It took me three tries because I kept on killing him but I eventually caught him in a Timer Ball.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    It is ridiculous how easy it is to catch pokemon, throughout more than 2/3rds of the game I caught almost everything with either a Quick ball or a Dusk Ball (I tend to play in the evenings) with no need to cause status effects or run their HP down

Mewtwo worked on the 3rd Dusk Ball (and a Quick Ball)

Xerneas on the 2nd Duskball

And level 40+ pokemon with Quick Balls

Haven't bumped into Articuno enough yet so time will tell for it

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    I caught Mewtwo with a dusk ball on the first time! Well, I tried to catch it with a quickball at first then brought down its HP and caught it with a dusk ball :)

Back