• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poopydude

PKMN Master
    Years
    I started out with chimchar because i always go with the fire type since dating back to pokemon red. Chimchar i thinks gives you more of a challenge but really all the starters can be beat by all the starters

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    I started with Chimchar but I got the other two in trading immediately after I started playing. I ended up keeping Torterra with me for my current team, rather than the Infernape or Empoleon I have.

Years
    8i don't nkow why everyone is choshing piplup i played the whol game with all 3 of them but i hate piplup it not that good

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    I started with Turtwig. To bad its so slow, otherwise it is pretty good. I didn't go with Chimchar because I don't like Chimchar. I didn't go with Piplup because I don't like Piplup. I didn't go with Bulbasaur because Bubasaur isn't available. Thus, you see, I went with Turtwig.

Cyber_Tycoon

I will avenge them all
    Years
    I picked Turtwig but then my friend traded me a Dratini then i started making my EV trained LAnce team but my Turtwig is now a Torterra Ev trained on my 2nd strongest team. :p

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    I've always had a thing for the fire type. Even as a kid playing Red. I always picked Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and now Chimchar. Infernape is at 88 ATM

Cid

Years
    All of them are okay, Turtwig is for beginners at start and average trainers later on... Chimchar is for experts, and Piplup is for average trainers at the start and experts at the end... I chose Piplup coz he was challenging at the end (because Ground[Torterra] and Fighting[Infernape] is effective to Steel [Empoleon]... Plus, I have a thing for Water Pokemon... You can see it on my text and my avatar...

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    Everyone loves piplup, including me! I mainly chose it because it would be easier as a starter pokemon, and also cuse I thought the turtwig and chimchar evs weren't as good as the piplup ev was. But eh, that's just my opinion. :B

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    turtwig all the way:D i always pick the grass type, they might be weak to a lot of other types but i love'em!!
    besides, fire types are annoying to me and piplup is like cavity cute so i stayed away from them0_0

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    I started with Turtwig....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! bad idea, i dont like him, i want chimchar, but its too late now

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    chimchar, cuz its final evolution is infernape - my favourite pokemon also, it could learn a variety of moves.

tautologous

Unnecessary Repetition
    Years
    I chose Piplup as my starter, mainly because it's CUTE. Who can resist Penguin Power?

I have always had a soft spot for the fire types, though. Behold, The Mighty Charizard and Typhlosion!

Divine~Deoxys

I chose Piplup. I like penguins. But i didn't know what to do to get out of the fight area, so i restarted with Turtwig, found a combo of Torterra,Medicham and Crobat kicked ass in-game, but couldn't be bothered to do the E4, so i chose Chimchar, and have stuck with that one ever since, although i'd give my Salamence AND my Flygon for Empoleon and Torterra.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
    I chose turtwig because in all my other Pokemon games I've chosen the water pokemon and I thought I should try something different, plus I liked how turtwig looked. xD

riamu589

Trigonometry
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2008
    I chose Piplup, but to choose one for yourself is solely a matter of opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back