• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    I chose Piplup, because I liked the look of Empoleon and I normally go with the Water type.

EnteiTheMant

[Crimson Courage]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I chose Chimchar, mostly cuz the only Fire-Type Pokemon you can get close to the beginning of the game is Ponyta, and I really don't want one, so I got my Chimchar. Still waiting to get Turtwig and Piplup from someone.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    I gotta say chimchar was the best choice for me

I mean honestly how can you go wrong with flaming monkey?

and it learns fighting moves~! EH! SWEET!@
    you guys have to agree with me on that a flaming monkey is way cooler than a penguin and a plant turtle.

not saying its more powerful its just way cooler

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Turtwig all the way! How come less people have voted for Turtwig? It's one hella of a Pokémon!

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I chose to get an Adamant male Turtwig. Just cause you don't need to breed to get good moves and... Well, Torterra just looks awesome! xD

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I just started the game a few minutes ago. I got both versions, so, I did the all-three-starters trick. So, really, I'm going through the game with all three starters. I'm probably going to whizz through it.

If I had to pick, I'd choose Turtwig. The fact about how cute it is, and when it's Torterra it'll just crush everything in it's path... Trust me, I saw my sister's Torterra. It was not IV trained, either.

Ed

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    I normally go for the Water type, and Diamond was no exception, however I caught an Abra asap and used that like it was my starter, and traded off my Piplup.

Beria

PiiPiika x3
    Years
    I started a new game in my perl and I choose Chimchar again ^^ I dont like turtwig and piplup because the evolution of them is rlly ugly ><

indyfan

I want your Master Balls
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    I chose Piplup cause it looked the least retarded

I swear the new three beginning pokemon are drawn worse and worse every game

no one can touch charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle

Iron Shaman

Metagamer Lite
    Years
    Piplup. Wish I went with Chimchar, though. D:

Empoleon is awesome, but Piplup sucks until it reaches then. Blasted bubble. -_-

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
    I started with turtwig, I just like grass pokemon I suppose. But just got the game yesterday so we'll see how it goes lol

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
    I really like Turtwig, but I started with Chimchar, simply because it's a fast pokemon with medium-high attack and special attack stats and it knows some really good combo moves.

Pineapi

Must. Have. Cute. Pokemon.
    Years
    Aww most people started with Piplup? Dang. I wish I had it's so darn cute. I chose Turtwig though because it's also cute, and I could actually stand what it evolves into. The Pip evolutions are hideous.

Yeah, I'm very cosmetic when it comes to my Pokemon. I can make any of them kick butt but I can't make them cuter! :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back