• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what Pokemon did you teach 'fly' to? why?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    In all of my teams, I gotta have a bird Pokemon obviously. Articuno, Skarmory, and Unfezant are the bird Pokemon I teach fly to. Sometimes Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, as well as Fearow.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I almost always teach Fly to nearly all of my Flying-type Pokemon over the years, since it's actually a very good move. In Black, though, I have it on one of my Dragonites, Maiha, who is basically my HM slave for my main team. She has Waterfall, Surf, Dive, and Fly for her moveset.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    It really comes down to who I want on my team and who's most suited for it of my choices, since it'd be a pain to switch at a PC every time I wanted to fly somewhere otherwise. In White I taught it to Kokoromori, and later deleted it to take advantage of the ability that doesn't let it take advantage of held items, thus making good use of the move "Acrobat". I instead taught it to my Mamepato (now Hatoubo), and later Wargle, and I may eventually delete it from Hatoubo. Someday, if Latias is ever made available, I may teach it to her since I know I want her on my team and she'd take precidance over Flying types, but then I'd also feel I'd be wasting a move spot since it wouldn't even take advantage of STAB.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I normally tend to have a Flying-type on my team. Since I rather not go to my PC Box every time I need to fly from town to town, which becomes an often task as I progress further along in the game, I prefer to use Fly as one of those "exceptional" HMs in which I teach it to one of my main team members than use it on an HM slave.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Probably a random bird I found, unless I have a strong Flying type on my team that can deal physical damage. Something like Sygiliyph or Swanna wouldn't cut it.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I have usually built a Pokémon that can learn Fly into my team. I also try to make it a Pokémon that can make use of the move in battle, so that the move slot doesn't go to waste. I do the same with Surf, too. A frequent candidate for my Fly user has been Crobat, ever since I used one in FireRed.

In Diamond, though, I once got a hacked shiny Salamence from the GTS, and instead of releasing it I made it the most epic HM slave ever!

SentryDown

The Sovereign Fist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    First flying I catch learns it, then becomes a permanent part of my team

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    In the diamond game that I'm playing atm it's on my Altaria who's my second strongest pokemon and one of my main battlers as it's a strong and useful move, especially for double battles. Normally though it goes to Togekiss as that's almost always on my team and saves using up another space for a bird :p

Back