• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon from past generations would you like to see in S/M?

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
Years
  • I'm talking about in the main story-line since usually there's more options of Pokemon available post-game.

Of course there's some good Pokemon that would be great to add into the region,

Such as,
    Paras, Shellder, Krabby, Exeggutor, Horsea, Staryu, Surkern, Pineco, Mantine, etc.

Browsing through the Pokedex, there's actually many Pokemon that'd be great and would fit in the region perfectly.

Which ones would like to see the most?
    Which ones would like to see comeback despite not really 'fitting' into the region?
    One of my favorite Pokemon is Stantler, and it hasn't been available to catch in-game since Gen 2, it was sort of available in ORAS but that's only if you get the right island, which for me it rarely showed up :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It probably will happen anyway but I like to use Gyarados at least once in every generation, so I need Magikarp available. Gen 5 left me cold.

Aside from that eh, hit me with anything. But give me my dumb Karp first.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Bellossom was the first to spring to mind, I hope we see a group of dancing Bellossom somewhere in the game!

Sharpedo would be another good one to return. As far as I am aware, sharks were revered by native Hawaiians as ancestral spirits. With that in mind, a new shark Pokemon with Ghost/Water typing would be awesome!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not sure exactly but I'm hoping it'll be a sizable amount like we had in Kalos. We had about 450 pokemon wandering around in that region, so it would be really weird to go back to having 200-250 pokemon.

I'd guess that having multiple islands means that there'll be a lot of variety though.

I don't mind not having legendaries so much, but I'm hoping that every regular pokemon (including starters) are catchable in some way, whether that's during the story or postgame.

With that said I'd like to see the Yamask family (and any of the pokemon who missed out last time: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml) appear in this region.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The thing is to know most of those Pokemon that weren't in X/Y were still catchable in OR/AS, either due to being Hoenn native or encountered via DexNav and other special means.

Sure. It's not really availability I'm talking about though.

I just want to see those Pokemon appear in the initial games of the generation, in the new region, rather than in a third game or remakes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I will probably only use new pokemon, like I do with all generations. Not a fan of using past pokemon in a play through, which is why I loved Gen 5.

But I would love to see Tropius. As far as I know, it is the only true Tropical Pokemon, unless you want to include Exeggutor, which is probably the second closest thing to tropical theme other that water types. Another would be Yanma and Yanmega.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Regional Dex from Black 2/White 2 had a perfect variety imo.

Some I'd like to see are:
    • Mareep line
    • Cottonee & Petilil line
    • Shinx line
    • Growlithe line
    • Staryu line
    • Ralts line
    • Budew line
    • Nidoran lines
    • Honedge line
    • Vanillite line

Last edited: