• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon game had the greatest music?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    GSC music is timeless, but quality-wise, BW hands down. Every track on it's beautifully composed.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    RSE. I pretty much loved all the tracks on there. The first and second generation had pretty cute music, but the 3rd gen is my favorite.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Diamond and Pearl has greatest music ever! Lake Trio music, cycling music, gym leader battle music, Pokémon league music... there are so many great music. Also Black and White have great music.

Years
    R/S/E, although it's hard to wrench myself away from G/S/C in all their nostalgic glory. Also, good thing you told me not to choose Colosseum, because that would have made it an even tougher decision.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Sing...Perish Song...Uproar...Hyper Voice...Chatot!

Hello my fellow PoCo's, it's been a while! I was in a discussion not too long ago about playing the Red/Blue/Green Version Champion Theme. I found sheet music for the piano online and...my jaw hit the floor. It was an intensely difficult piece! I listened to a recording of it, the piano solo version, and was stunned to hear it; it CAN be done by a single person. But this is a different story...

The point of that little story is that the old Pokemon games had simple and catchy melodies that die-hard gamers, like me, have come to love. While the new games have beautiful orchestral pieces and a handful of memorable jazz songs, I find it hard to pick a game that has the best music. And I don't mean the side-games like Pokemon Colleseum; I mean the main RPG games from the ancient GameBoy to the beloved 3DS.

Now, my question to you: Which game (or series of games) do you think have the greatest, most memorable music? For me, it would have to be the entire Gold/Silver/Crystal series (the GameBoy version.) The melodies were simple, like Red/Blue/Green, but evolved a little and created some interesting songs, including Lavender Town's theme and the Champion Battle.

Get responding! First to respond gets befriended!
    I'd have to go with the Gen1 games for gameboy (Pokemon/Red/Blue/& Yellow) and the Gen 5 games (Pokemon Black & White).

Gen1(Red/Blue/Yellow) because for me; the music in those 3 games are the music I have the most fond memories of. The music has become intwined with childhood memories.

Gen5(Pokemon Black & White) Because the music presented in them is an upgrade from previous pokemon games. It simply beautiful and well done.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    B+W - I mostly just love how the overworld people play instruments to match the songs of the cities. It's so EPIC in my opinion. <3
    HG/SS was awesome too, because it gave you nostalgia music from G/S/C, and the upgraded versions.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I can't decide. I love the old school tracks from GSC. I love the way they sound all... digital and stuff. But I also like the ones from RSE and DPPt, they don't have that nostalgic quality that GSC has, but I really like those tunes. And maybe even my most favorite would have to be the music from PMD, especially explorers of sky.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    It is easily the music from D/P/P. The Pokemon league nighttime music is unbelievable!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    This might be off topic, but the best song is the B/W Pokemon center theme.

Back