• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What shinies have you legitimately caught in G/S/C??

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    I caught a shiny Ratatta once in my many years of playing silver. unfortunately the internal battery decided to run out so now its gone! :(

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    The only shinies I ever caught in G/S/C were Gyarados, Rattata, and I believe a Tangela at Mt. Silver. However, I've hatched dozens of shinies via genetic breeding. I loved the gene system they used in the metallic games.. I wish they still used the same gene-->shiny system in the 3rd/4th gen games. >.>

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Shiny hoothoot yesterday
    I'm so friggin' happy
    Even though I'm now pretty sure I had another shiny hoothoot.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    I caught a shiny nidoran in gold. I don't even remember if it was F or M..

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
    The only shinies I ever caught in G/S/C were Gyarados, Rattata, and I believe a Tangela at Mt. Silver. However, I've hatched dozens of shinies via genetic breeding. I loved the gene system they used in the metallic games.. I wish they still used the same gene-->shiny system in the 3rd/4th gen games. >.>

Gene System O.O! TELL ME MOAH!!!

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    A shiny Golbat, which evolved into a shiny Crobat. I'll never forget it. <3. Also, shiny Rapidash, and two shiny Tangelas.

The best thing is, I caught them all from that little grass patch outside Mt. Silver. Some proof of how much grinding I did in Crystal. :s

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    Despite playing Pokemon games for the past 7 years I have not caught or seen 1 shiny...

But I guess it's all about luck huh?

Actually it's not. :) I'm currently working on a huge Breeding guide that will detail how to increase your chances of getting a Shiny from an egg from 1:8,192 to 1:32, for any Pokemon, without hacking or doing any kind of Shiny Ditto or whatever glitch. Keep a lookout!

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
    Actually it's not. :) I'm currently working on a huge Breeding guide that will detail how to increase your chances of getting a Shiny from an egg from 1:8,192 to 1:32, for any Pokemon, without hacking or doing any kind of Shiny Ditto or whatever glitch. Keep a lookout!

A Munchlax approved Guide ~

Years
    Well, besides Gyarados (duh), I also caught a shiny Noctowl while grinding in the route left of Ecruteak. I saw a shiny Rattata as well while grinding somewhere else, but I killed it without thinking. >.<

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
    I've caught the Gyarados and an Electrode while helping Lance. I was 6 Years old, so I didn't know what a shiny Pokémon was, so I released the Electrode. I loved Gyarados ever since that day in Silver ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I never did catch a Shiny on Gold, Silver or any game for that matter.

However, my friend did catch a shiny Quagsire and traded it to me in exchange for a Charizard :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    The only shiny I remember catching is a shiny Ditto I found somewhere in route 34 or 35.
    Other then that, I also caught the Red Gyarados once, but I'm pretty sure most people did so as well...

Back