• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What shinies have you legitimately caught in G/S/C??

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Recently I started a replay of my old Silver game since I turned it on to find my old game mysteriously gone. :/

Anyways, I was training up this Eevee for aaaaaaages to get it to evolve into a lovable Umbreon and I thought the best place to do this would be Route 26 since I hadn't beaten the League then. No monies, only 2 pokéballs and what do I find? It's only a shiny Raticate! :O

I tried weakening it, putting it to sleep etc and I threw my one Fast Ball and it didn't work. Now I'm faced with a dilema - the only Pokéball I had left was the Master Ball. What do I do? On the one hand I'm never going to see a shiny again in the wild like this, but on the other it's only a Raticate.

In the end, I caught it and named it Woosh. :)

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Just a Tentacool this once. Always swore I'd crack open my Gold again and work it into a team... just never got around to it...

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I caught a shiny Tentacool while leveling for the fighting type gym. It's a male, nicknamed SHINE.

And, of course, the Red Gyarados.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Only a shiny Weedle.

Pretty awesome when evolved into a Beedrill. I have long since erased that data and started over numerous times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I was grinding with totodile before i got pokeballs (so I could whip ??? a new face) and this Hoothoot has purple eyebrows. At the time I thought it was a glitch. NOW I HATE MYSELF

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I haven't caught many shinies at all (Except Gyarados, obv). I think I may have caught a shiny Pidgey/Sentret once when I was grinding on the early routes, dunno.

I don't really go out of my way to look for and catch shiny Pokemon tbh.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    How do you "look for" shinies, anyhow? Walk around a lot? :P
    I ran into a shiny Donphan today on my way to rematch Red. I had absolutely nothing that inflicted a status condition (except for thunder wave, but ... Ground type) so I used my one Rock-type attack (T-tar's Rock Slide) to get it down to 1/3 HP and the weakest thing I had in my party (Ampharos + Headbutt) to get it down a little bit further without killing it. >.<
    It escaped 2 Ultras, a Great Ball, a Heavy Ball *ran out of normal ones*, and a Fast Ball, but I caught it with the 2nd Fast Ball.

Now I just need a really *good* Pokemon in Shiny form. :P

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I caught a Golbat in Victory Road and a Raticate on Route 39 on Crystal. Unfortunately, both of them died with my file and I hope they both rest in peace.

Last edited:
    Years
    Besides the Gyarados, I caught a shiny Hoot-Hoot in my Pokemon Gold. It was pretty awesome as a Noctowl.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    garydos. the first wild pokemon I saw was a shiny pidgey, so I thought all wild pokemon looked like that, and ran...

Back