• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What starter is yours?

Which type will you choose?

• Grass or Fighting

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Water or Dark

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Fire or Psychic

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
  • I was just wondering which starter type you might choose. Since we don't yet know if the starters are f/w/g or psy/dar/fig, I put them on a "difficulty level" (fire = hard, grass = easy)

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • Lol...well I love Fire...and I love Psychic. Hmm...aint this a toughy =P. Most likely the Fire/Psychic...but then again...if its looks like an ape or somethin. Hmm...well no one can really give a definate answer til we see em right? ^^ (Cept for the fans totally into one type of pokemon)

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • I like grass and psychic... but I couldn't vote for that. Oh well. I guess I'll go with psychic. You can't really pick one till you see the actual starters, though. Or at least I can't.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Its funny how you put that, because I was thinking
    fire/fight
    grass/psy
    water/dark

I like fire, hate grass, like fight, hate psy, so...
    I picked grass/fight... btw, fire is actually easy in all games, grass is harder. Its easy at the beggining for grass, but it gets hard. reallly hard. Its the opposite in the 2nd gen though.

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Who knows, really? I mean, since it will be my first time playing the game, I won't know ANYTHING about any of the starters. I guess, knowing me, the chances are great that I'll probably choose the one that looks the coolest ^^ I won't really be able to say which one is the best until I've played with them all extensively.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I will chose dark type. Dark type pokemon rock.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I luv Fire, Dark, Water, and Psychic the most. I'll be choosing the Fire Starter first, definitely. I'll try to get a shiny one. Also, it is confirmd that the starters are F/W/G, but they could have F/D/P as their secondary type or sumthin.

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    I am surely choosing the Fire type starter. Psychic would be nice, but Fire is better. Though fire types in serious battling doesn't handle that well, but still. Fire types own.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Well, now that the starters have been revealed, I'm completely sure I'll choose the Grass type starter. The Fire type just looks stupid and the Water type is too cute and cuddly for my taste. I don't care if it's going to be the weakest starter because I absolutely refuse to use a retarded monkey or a penguin plushie. <.<

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
  • Yay! Finally the real Starters! I was getting fed up with all those Fakes{even though some of them were kinda cool}. Anyways, I get both Games so I'm gonna have all 3 Starters, but I aslo always get a Primary Starter{AKA My Favorate one that I use most often.} Let's see I alway pick the "Cute" one for my Primary Starter so I'll go with Pocchama. It fits my Primary Starter Pattern anyway.

Red/Blue :: Squirtle{Water}
    Gold/Silver :: Chikorita{Grass}
    Ruby/Sappire :: Torchic{Fire}
    Diamond/Pearl :: Pocchama {Back to Water}

Years
  • I believe I'm going to go with the grass starter. I like the way he looks and I'm interested in what his two other forms look like.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • Okay, here are the real starters. They are not Dark/Psy/Fight so now we know.
    Water
    What starter is yours?

Fire
    What starter is yours?

Grass
    What starter is yours?

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    i like all of them, but Naetoru is the best.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Even tho the fire-starter is cool and my fave and all that good stuff, it DOES have the gayest stance of all the starters... seriously, just look at it.

And I just thought of sumthin' funny. What do you guys think it would feel like for the Fire starter to throw its poop at you? Just think about it for a second...and I always choose the Fire Starter first anyways.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

I'm definitely choosing Pochama, the adorable Water penguin. It will be mine, all mine!

I hope they don't make it Water/Ice....PLEASE don't make it Water/Ice, that's such a bad type combination……..well, defensively speaking.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Back