• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What the heck, GTS!?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Are you sure? Because Ive never bred a pichu with a single 31 IV yet (and I specifically didn't have the Destiny knot in order to try and get them) I've only ever seen them on the ones that are caught in the wild.

The 3 IVs are only for Pokemon caught in the wild that are part of the No Egg Group. That is the only Egg Group in existence that cannot be bred.

I was expanding on what you had posted.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)

Years
  • So, I've been carefully combing GTS for about an hour to find a 5 iv ditto, and I finally find something that looks somewhat reliable. It's asking for a Zapdos, and I've spent my entire day Masuda Methoding while I chase this yellow and black bird all over the dang country, so I finally get it. I decide to trade, holding my breath as I take it to the IV Judge, hoping that Australian people are reliable and...

It's got 2 IVs...

My spirits... So low right now...

Why doesn't GF at least let us check stats before we trade? This is awful, I'll probably never get one now without a shiny ;_;

Why not consult the quick trade here at PC. Most people here are really nice ( its one of the more welcoming message boards ) I would trade you one if I didn't have only two... and I need both because where one lacks speed and the other lacks sp.def I need both to make one 6 Iv breeding tool. I'm sure there are alot 5 or 6 IV clones floating around that ppl are willing to trade for nothing too special granted they have the free time
    Other than that, do what I did, set yourself a good block of time aside and buy a load of quick balls and repeat balls and hit the safari/ or pkmn village

Lamp

back
    Years
  • Well if you don't want to be Scammed again then use Kazo's Trade Check! It checks the IV's of the Pokemon's on GTS and Normal Trade. or you can just not use GTS and find a Person with Normal Type Friend Safari that has a Ditto and go Breed some Flawless Pokemons. well Enough talk for me! :D

Years
  • Funny enough I actually did get a 6IV Ditto from someone claiming to have a 6IV Ditto.

You shouldn't trust people easily on the GTS, however, as I had a lot of Pokebank legendaries to use as fodders anyways. If you're desperate, though, check to see its level and if it has the Kalos mark. If it has a Kalos mark, it's basically guaranteed to be a rip-off.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    to be perfectly honest, this would make the gts grind completely to a halt. While I do agree completely we should be able to see a summary of the pokemon we trade with friends, on the GTS that would be incredibly limiting. You can disagree all you want, but how many times have we all been ont heir looking for a particular pokemon, find it, only to discover they ONLY want a (for example) male charmander between levels 11-20, and we have 50 charmanders but all the ones between 11 - 20 are female, and all teh males are level 10 or 21+? having MORE limitations on the GTS would just clog up the systems and eventually no one would be trading on it anymore. (Oh, you want a level 23 exactly Darumaka with an Admamant nature, it's hidden ability, stats ranging between this and this, and holding a Fire Stone? Sure, I have one of those just lying around!) Don't use sites like this to gauge the pokemon community, the vast majority of people don't actually care about the natures or stats as much as they care about getting just that one particular pokemon they really really like, or because they want a pokedex entry or whatever. The GTS is geared to get you the pokemon you want, not an incredibly filtered net of crosshatching conditions to get EXACTLY what you want. You found the pokemon and now if you want a particular nature or IV spread or moves, then you need to work for it. That's what every pokemon has been about. Do they make all wild pokemon level 100 with 31 IVs in every stat and a competition ready move set or do they just provide you with wild pokemon with random natures and stats and then it's your job as the trainer to build them up the way you want them? That's what the GTS is an extension of.

Having said that, there is one feature I wish the GTS had and that is when you HAVE a pokemon and you see what you can get for it (So you select one of the pokemon you have, then you get a list of other people that are looking for that pokemon and you choose out of what you can get for what you are offering)

I can't really see how including a summary on the pokemon being offered for trade would grind the GTS to a halt. THis would be true if no one was advertising natures and IV's etc. on the GTS to fool/get people to actually trade with them. As we know however this is simply not true; at least 40-50 percent of the trades on the GTs are advertising either some IV, movepool, nature, etc. Fact is a large number people are using it to toss around competition bred pokemon and throwing their junk on the wonder tradeing system. People who just care about the pokemon itself and not for any extras ( moveset, etc.) can still use the GTS as always without a care for move summary etc. while those who do care get the option to see what they are trading for in depth; this is not new but rather a refinement of the system which is already in place and to take alot of the risk out of a process which has been occuring since the debut of the system link ( trading competition ready pokes).

Also I am not understanding the reasoning behind people saying that somehow trading for a competition bred pokemon either in person or over the GTS is not "working" for it. You still have to meet the demand of the person trading you the mon whether this is in the form of rare items; legendary mons, or your own stock fo competition bred mon you still have to work to meet the demands of the trader.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I can't really see how including a summary on the pokemon being offered for trade would grind the GTS to a halt. THis would be true if no one was advertising natures and IV's etc. on the GTS to fool/get people to actually trade with them. As we know however this is simply not true; at least 40-50 percent of the trades on the GTs are advertising either some IV, movepool, nature, etc. Fact is a large number people are using it to toss around competition bred pokemon and throwing their junk on the wonder tradeing system. People who just care about the pokemon itself and not for any extras ( moveset, etc.) can still use the GTS as always without a care for move summary etc. while those who do care get the option to see what they are trading for in depth; this is not new but rather a refinement of the system which is already in place and to take alot of the risk out of a process which has been occuring since the debut of the system link ( trading competition ready pokes).

Also I am not understanding the reasoning behind people saying that somehow trading for a competition bred pokemon either in person or over the GTS is not "working" for it. You still have to meet the demand of the person trading you the mon whether this is in the form of rare items; legendary mons, or your own stock fo competition bred mon you still have to work to meet the demands of the trader.

Okay, you're right, I thought you said "search for" not just "see summary of" so in that instance, yes, you're absolutely right, jsut seeing a summary is fine, I thought were were talking about searching for.

Anyway, how do you not see the reasoning behind the second point? Lets put it this way, you take french and spanish and you have a paper due at the end of the semester. You never did ANYTHING for Spanish at all, but you beat the crap out of French, you studied diligently, you did independant study, you aced that test with aplomb. So you then trade that paper with someone who aced thier spanish exam. What's the difference there? You worked to meet the demands of the person wanting your Spanish paper. If you don't see the difference in one, how do you see the difference in teh other?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Okay, you're right, I thought you said "search for" not just "see summary of" so in that instance, yes, you're absolutely right, jsut seeing a summary is fine, I thought were were talking about searching for.

Anyway, how do you not see the reasoning behind the second point? Lets put it this way, you take french and spanish and you have a paper due at the end of the semester. You never did ANYTHING for Spanish at all, but you beat the crap out of French, you studied diligently, you did independant study, you aced that test with aplomb. So you then trade that paper with someone who aced thier spanish exam. What's the difference there? You worked to meet the demands of the person wanting your Spanish paper. If you don't see the difference in one, how do you see the difference in teh other?

Thats a apples and oranges comparsion simply because of the fact that in that Spanish class you are required to so some form of mastery of the content in that class. I am pretty sure that guy you traded test with won't be doing it all the time for homework, in class work, etc; in other words you would be easliy caught by the teacher . With the pokemon trading you likely would of already shown mastery or at least competance in the area of pokemon breeding or training; in other words you would of already put in the work by simply studying up on what factors go into making a good competition mon. This is even more so since the asking price of a high level mon is high and you would likely have to do plenty of work to get the trading pieces together to pull it off unless you have personal connections with the trader.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • After i grindedfor about 10 minutes I managed to get a 31/31/31/31/x/31 ditto, but tht was a while ago, with pokebank out, though, I easily snagged a Shiny 6IV Japanese ditto with relitavely no effort xD

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • The only good thing the GTS is used for is basic trading. I honestly don't even search for Pokemon anymore. If I want something, I just put up a Pokemon that I think is a fair trade for what I want. For instance, I deposited a Salamence in trade for a Feebas, and later that day when I checked the GTS it had traded! I used that Feebas to breed, and now I have a Shiny.

So GTS isn't currently built for competitive battlers. Yes, seeing the pokemon stats would be nice, but among the majority of players, they don't care, they just want legendary pokemon.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • to be perfectly honest, this would make the gts grind completely to a halt. While I do agree completely we should be able to see a summary of the pokemon we trade with friends, on the GTS that would be incredibly limiting. You can disagree all you want, but how many times have we all been ont heir looking for a particular pokemon, find it, only to discover they ONLY want a (for example) male charmander between levels 11-20, and we have 50 charmanders but all the ones between 11 - 20 are female, and all teh males are level 10 or 21+? having MORE limitations on the GTS would just clog up the systems and eventually no one would be trading on it anymore. (Oh, you want a level 23 exactly Darumaka with an Admamant nature, it's hidden ability, stats ranging between this and this, and holding a Fire Stone? Sure, I have one of those just lying around!) Don't use sites like this to gauge the pokemon community, the vast majority of people don't actually care about the natures or stats as much as they care about getting just that one particular pokemon they really really like, or because they want a pokedex entry or whatever. The GTS is geared to get you the pokemon you want, not an incredibly filtered net of crosshatching conditions to get EXACTLY what you want. You found the pokemon and now if you want a particular nature or IV spread or moves, then you need to work for it. That's what every pokemon has been about. Do they make all wild pokemon level 100 with 31 IVs in every stat and a competition ready move set or do they just provide you with wild pokemon with random natures and stats and then it's your job as the trainer to build them up the way you want them? That's what the GTS is an extension of.

Having said that, there is one feature I wish the GTS had and that is when you HAVE a pokemon and you see what you can get for it (So you select one of the pokemon you have, then you get a list of other people that are looking for that pokemon and you choose out of what you can get for what you are offering)

Well said. I applaud. Anyways. Like what Howmander said, the GTS is a trade site for getting the species of Pokemon you want. It should only be used as a means to get a species you want, and when you get it, start earning for the specifics you want by breeding and training them. But still, the GTS should prevent asking of impossible trades like lvl 1 Legends(though, X & Y's GTS is as convenient as they offer you to filter Pokemon you have or filter out Legendaries altogether.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Well said. I applaud. Anyways. Like what Howmander said, the GTS is a trade site for getting the species of Pokemon you want. It should only be used as a means to get a species you want, and when you get it, start earning for the specifics you want by breeding and training them. But still, the GTS should prevent asking of impossible trades like lvl 1 Legends(though, X & Y's GTS is as convenient as they offer you to filter Pokemon you have or filter out Legendaries altogether.)

My problem is that we don't even have a summary of the pokemon that we are trading before; before we trade it. This would prevent people from lieing on the GTS and people who are searching for pokemon more solid options to secure a trade. I have a hard time with people believing that competitition breed pokes aren't already being traded on the GTS the problem is its a crapshoot as to whether the guy is telling the truth or not. The system will be exactely the way it is now only without the dice roll.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • My problem is that we don't even have a summary of the pokemon that we are trading before; before we trade it. This would prevent people from lieing on the GTS and people who are searching for pokemon more solid options to secure a trade. I have a hard time with people believing that competitition breed pokes aren't already being traded on the GTS the problem is its a crapshoot as to whether the guy is telling the truth or not. The system will be exactely the way it is now only without the dice roll.

To me, to check if what they said is truly 5-6 IV, check if the level is not what it was when it is freshly caught or hatched(e.g. Level 30 Ditto/ Level 1 newly-Bred Pokemon) If it is truly a 5-6 IV ditto, chances are they would use it for their own or look for someone to trade in person. Problem with ditto's in Kalos is there are higher level Ditto's found and it can easily deceive people. However, if it's a trained Pokemon, an evolved form, than they could be telling the truth. I was looking for a Dragonite only to fill up the Pokedex and I found a Dragonite stating it had 5 IVs. It was asking for something reasonable, like a Rhyperior or a Tyranitar. I went for it and surely enough it was 5 IVs, proper spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31 with some good moves.

Pinta77

Um yeah... if you cant verify the stats you shouldn't trade

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Um yeah... if you cant verify the stats you shouldn't trade

Then you can't trade with anyone ever, not even in person (as you NEVER see the other pokemon stats until you have it). I would MUCH rather have that Inner Focus Darumaka I've been looking for rather than be all "No, I don't want to take the risk that it doesn;t have perfect IVs and the egg moves I want" and then go without eveyr having that Darumaka. I can breed the IVs myself, I can breed egg moves myself, it's finding that particular Pokemon that is the hard part, everything else is easy, just time consuming.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Then you can't trade with anyone ever, not even in person (as you NEVER see the other pokemon stats until you have it). I would MUCH rather have that Inner Focus Darumaka I've been looking for rather than be all "No, I don't want to take the risk that it doesn;t have perfect IVs and the egg moves I want" and then go without eveyr having that Darumaka. I can breed the IVs myself, I can breed egg moves myself, it's finding that particular Pokemon that is the hard part, everything else is easy, just time consuming.

I'm pretty sure I was able to click "Check Summary" before agreeing to any trade I ever did on X/Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm pretty sure I was able to click "Check Summary" before agreeing to any trade I ever did on X/Y.

yes, Check Summary is checking YOUR pokemon that you're trading, that doesn't let you check the OTHER person's summary

Years
  • The GTS is ridiculously stressful. v~v; I'd never believe anything people claim about their traded Pokemon given how easy of a system it is to abuse as there's no way to check prior to doing the trade. Sad that these sorts of people ruin things for everyone else.. on top of the many ridiculous trades people ask for (eg offering Shellder and asking for Entei. Seen that too many times).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The GTS is ridiculously stressful. v~v; I'd never believe anything people claim about their traded Pokemon given how easy of a system it is to abuse as there's no way to check prior to doing the trade. Sad that these sorts of people ruin things for everyone else.. on top of the many ridiculous trades people ask for (eg offering Shellder and asking for Entei. Seen that too many times).

there's videos on Youtube actually that shows how to clone pokemon, and part of the process involves leaving the pokemon you want to clone on the GTS and in order to ensure the pokemon doesn't get swiped they ask for things they know people won't trade. Anyway, stop being stressed out. Just trade on the GTS for the pokemon you want, anything that isn't a legendary or unown you can breed the egg moves and IVs onto it. And for the legendaries you can simply trade the same legendary for same on the GTS until you get what you want. Just don't overthink it, just look for the pokemon you want rather than needing the stats and egg moves that you can do yourself. After all, what would you prefer, a pokemon that you want and having to build it up yourself or never getting the pokemon you want?

Back