• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Tools Do Professional Manga Artists Use?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    orange*berry said:
    No problem, Kay. n.n You can send me a PM or whatever if you happen to run into any problems.

And! Once you get going on your project, you had better post it here. =P
    Don't worry, I will. ^_^ Lol.

And I'd love to join a manga class, but I haven't heard of any around here. ;_;

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Don't worry, I will. ^_^ Lol.

And I'd love to join a manga class, but I haven't heard of any around here. ;_;
    My friend and I tried a community centre, but they said that there weren't such a class available. However if we can recruit more friends who interested in it as well, they can get an appropriate instructor and we can arrange the times according to our schedules, but I prefer to join an existing class =(
    Maybe I'll try the newspapers next...

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • Purin said:
    My friend and I tried a community centre, but they said that there weren't such a class available. However if we can recruit more friends who interested in it as well, they can get an appropriate instructor and we can arrange the times according to our schedules, but I prefer to join an existing class =(
    Maybe I'll try the newspapers next...

I was lucky, I guess. n.n() There's this little comic store in my mall, and there was an ad there for manga classes at this anime store that I had never been to. Of course, that little store went out of buisness shortly after I had signed up for the class, but the teacher moved them somewhere else. n.n() So there might be something in your area, but it's just hiding away somplace. =P

Maybe someday I'll decide I want to stay in the U.S. and teach manga classes here. n.n() *L* From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Teara said:
    I know of a site that not only teaches manga drawing really well but also explains about the differant manga tool and computor graphics, you shoul check it out.
    https://www.polykarbon.com
    I gave up on online tutorials, their styles usually don't look very much the way Japanese manga artists draw (looks more of American comics) =P I don't learn much from them either...
    That's just my opinion though

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    They also use a special kind of paper. B4 size (Must be B4 size) Which is Blue and all. And special nib-pens, like Orange said. The special backgrounds are used with a special kind of paper that's very, very, expensive. o.O; Or you sould use less-expensive ways to do the background though. =p

Back