• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of player are you?

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I'm everything but Casual. Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. Although I can get distracted for months with other things, and not pick up a pokemon game in a long while. I was never late on buying a pokemon game on release though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Cpt. Casual for sure. I just like to play the game at my own pace and do whatever I feel like doing.

Years
  • I've never had the opportunity to battle competitively, sadly. I only got a monstrous team for gen 4 (lvl 100 for all) this July after picking my old Platinum back up. I'd be thrilled to see how well my team would fare, although I have a team of 6 "sweepers" imo. (I'm not very tactful, and am very noob in the advanced stats/mechanics department. So I have a very diverse team, but no speciality pokemon (tanks/sweepers/jack of all trades/entry hazard layer/blocker)
    I collect pokemon, but don't do it on my own, per se. I go to the heart scale guy, or ask someone what what I should get next, then I level than until final evolution. Head off to the next catch. Legendary hunting is a hobby of mine. Yet I do not try to get shiny pokemon. (Too low of a chance, and takes a lot of time. If it was a sure thing sort of deal, I'd be happy to, but I know that's not how it works.)
    I've never bred a pokemon, ever. I just simply don't know how to get certain things to happen with other things to get my perfect purebred...
    So I don't really know what to call myself.... I know I'm not a casual, or I wouldn't have 600+ hours on my Pokemon games...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Now I'm a breeder. I'm trying to get a shiny of every Pokemon in a matching Pokeball, with 4 egg moves if possible. It's not THAT hard with TSVs and ESVs, but I'm kinda lazy. I used to be just a casual player, though. I would make Pokemon teams that worked ingame all day, haha.

Adding on to this but I would also consider myself a battler now. I found the tier that I really like to play: UU. OU sucks =/

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • I play pretty casually, except I like to twist things by narrating the battles. I imagine what the opponent might say and then imagine a trash-talk response for it.

Back