• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first game console you remember playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    lol reading through this post makes me feel old. My first system was the Atari (not sure which version but it was old I still have the new Atari with games but no tv to play it on.) I still remember games being for sale at Hills Department store.

Then every system Nintendo had to offer except Virtual Boy.

And there was the Atari handheld called the Lynx which was pretty good at the time. And the Sega GameGear PS1 and PS2 Xbox Xbox 360 and PSP (which i broke playing DBZ)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Well, I remember playing cheap little ancient games on the computer when I was still in diapers XD But as far as consoles go, it'd probably Super Smash Brothers on the N64. My parents were very against videos games, and then my brother some how convinced them to get him an N64 for his 10th birthday, annnd after that it was a downward spiral into the video game obsessed stage I'm in now XD

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I had a Game Boy Coulor which was my first console, I played Pokemon Silver on it, Good Times

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    NES/SEGA Mastersystem. Those where the first two, and I would say I was definately under 10 yo at the time.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    I remember the first console I think was the NES playing Mario ;D Good old times... Good old times... ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Gamecube. XD; When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to play video games and it took me a while to convince my parents to let me get a console. So, they bought my sister and I a GameCube for Christmas.

Gluttony123

Hi im Troy Mcluire.
    Years
    First games console i've ever played

The first games console i remember playing was the Nintendo 64 i was 5 or 6.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    omg i cant rember

i cant remebr wat my no. 1 console was. i think it was a gamboy 2. i dont know games realy well.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I think my 1st games console was either Original Game Boy, or Sega Mega Drive. I've still got my Game Boy.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Hmm I think the first console I played was gameboy color with Pokemon Silver. But it' s been so long xD. I think I was like 4-5.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    As for me, the first I can recall is the Sega Master System, I was probably about 4 or 5. Can't really remember.....

That's the same one for me ^^.
    Only I was 6-7 years old. I think :3

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
    Hmm...Mine was either the clunky Game Boy, or the equally clunky Super Nintendo, wtih Pokemon Red or Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles being my first game. I don't remember which one was first. Around the time I was 4 or 5, I think.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    Being a 90s kid, for me, it was Super Mario All Stars on my dad's SNES. (The one with all the NES Mario games, updated) Hah, I even remember having a bad dream about it, and refusing to play it for months afterwards. That was when I was 3/4. I also remember being really proud about being able to turn on the SNES myself. The first console I could call my own though, was an N64, which I got with Goldeneye and SM64. Even then, I remember thinking SM64 was overrated. (Something that I'm sure I'll be burned at the stake for =p)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it was the original Playstation. I used to go to my friend's house and play with him.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Mine was the original Playstation.

I used to love that thing. For me, it was amazing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I had a Sega for a while with only 1 game, Sonic, I think it was a Mega drive but I can't remember, I only had it for about 6 months then got a PS1 when I was 6 which I still play! Soul Reaver and Abe's odysee, great games :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back