• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
  • Erm.. Tetris on the Gameboy >.>

I still have this game, It's pretty fun to see my old records and.. looks like the actual me can't beat my younger me O,o

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Pacman for the Atari, then Q*bert.

Mario Bros. 1 and Duck Hunt after those, for the NES.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    The first game system I ever played was the SNES. I was about 6 when I started playing it. The games I remember playing the most are The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, and Tetris.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Super Mario Bros All Stars on my friend's SNES. I was around 5 at the time XD

I spent a whole year just watching him play before I even attempted to play it myself though. I don't know why I was so scared, I guess I thought I'd fail horribly.

Nezumirai

Doppelganger
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    (I can't be too sure if "Hey You, Pikachu!" at age 5 counts so--)

When I was 7, I played Pokemon Crystal as my first GBC game... it was free when I bought that limited edition Lime-colored GBC. I had no idea, I was so little. xD Loved it to death, getting those 16 badges...

IcyToucan

wew lads
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2016
    My father had an Atari 2600 before I was born, so I was playing that since before I could talk. The games I remember playing were Combat, Pitfall!, some kind of maze game, Superman, and Donkey Kong. (The Atari version of Donkey Kong is weird.) But I think it's safe to assume my first video game was one of those five.

I didn't get my first Nintendo console until I was seven (it was a SNES) and my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Yellow. (I had a GBC.)

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I think he first game I played was Commander Keen 4... Though it could have been the original Mario Bros. as well. It was one of those two.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2014
    Either Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers or Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. Got both on the same day back in either '95 or '96.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2012
    I usually say Duck Hunt, but I feel I'm obligated to mention that I very vaguely recall playing some game involving a toy soldier and party balls prior to that...I can't remember what it is, though! My greatest regret.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • The first games I ever played were either Metroid II or Mega Man IV for GB...I was in kindergarten...and there was a sale at school of all the lost and found stuff from the previous year...and my dad bought me a backpack and when he got home there was a gameboy with those games in the backpack! :)

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Mine was either Super Mario Bros. or Castlevania. I can't remember which because I played them both the same day. Little Nemo was also one of my first... Makes me feel old, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    The video game which I played first was "Contra". At that time it was the famous game and I spend most of my time on it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • You won't believe this, but... some 102 Dalmatians game on the PC.
    And yes TC, there was a similar thread to this around here some time ago. I clearly remember posting the same thing. ;)
    Anyway, I really have a different game from all the others, right ? Oh, and my next games were a Donald Duck game, similar to 102 Dalmatians, and.... Need for Speed Underground. :O

Back