• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    It'd have to be . . . Joust/Defender on the Game Boy Color. It was a port of two arcade games from the 80s or some such, and it was amazing. I got a bunch of those games at the same time (plus the system) from an awesome uncle, but I think that was the one I played first.

Unless of course we're counting the one generic block game. You know, the ones that come as a single machine? There's only the one game on them, and you play that game until you get bored. The one I had was pretty neat, though: it had Tetris and a racing game (still with blocks, though).

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    On the xbox, when I was 4 or five, I was playing Halo: CE

Other than that, some pokemon game I was too young to remember. :(

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Ho gawd, I have no idea.
    I do know that my brother had a PS2 when I was really little, and seeing as I was already dominating Heihachi with Christie in Tekken 4 when I was 5 (my brother was 15 and he couldn't even do it, lol. That must not have been fun when the 5 year old beats a boss that you nor any of your friends that you had over at the time could beat. xD) it was most likely . . . something for the PS2 when I was too young to remember.
    I also remember that I had a PSOne, my dad had a super nintendo . . . er, SNES(?) that I used to play the original Mario games on, a lot.

Whatever it was, I know it was not Pokemon. I don't think I actually picked up a Pokemon game until . . . sometime after getting my first GBA SP for Christmas when I was 5 or 6, and even then I think it was either Blue, Silver, Yellow, or Crystal that I played first. Most likely Blue.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES.

More specifically, Super Mario Bros 3. I started playing that when I was like 3. :>

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    The first game I have played is super Mario and I finished the stages but it took me months to finish.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Donkey Kong Country 3/Super Mario Kart/Super Mario World/Bussy/Killer Insect on SNES when i was really little

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    I played some stuff on an Atari when I was a kid but can't remember what the names of those games were. Anyway, the first game I remember that I played was Command and Conquer : Tiberian Sun. Real Classic. Enjoyed it a lot.

Years
    The first time I played video game were like like 5 or 10 minutes on my mother's friend's son's gameboy when I was 4 or 5, I think. Mario, but I don't remember which game exactly.

The first games I owned myself that I played were Pokemon Red and Tetris at the age of seven, the first one on a computer was some racing game called Midtown Madness 2 that I got for free with the computer, here I was 9 or 10.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    Crash Bandicoot or Croc 2 (I still suck at that game, IT IS SO HARD), gee I must have been 4-6 but I used to watch my dad play them and Tomb Raider from like 2 years old

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The first game that I played when I was little was Super Mario Bros 3 on the Nintendo Entertainment System. My Aunt recorded me playing the game and I would yell a lot at the system. I was three or four at the time.

:t354:TG

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    The first game that I played when I was little was Super Mario Bros 3 on the Nintendo Entertainment System. My Aunt recorded me playing the game and I would yell a lot at the system. I was three or four at the time.

:t354:TG

That takes me back, I have shouted many defamatory comments at that poor little plumber over the years, bless his soul. especially in worlds 7 and 8. That game used to drive me mental, until I learned the double wistle warp trick.

Zeus

Miaka

Forever alone
    Years
    Duck Hunt with the ugly dog, It would be great if it were "dog hunt"
    What was the first video game you ever played?

Years
    The first memorable game I have played was Pokémon Gold (all mine) but the first game I ever remember touching was my brother's Yellow version though throughout my life, I have played older games than those.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Let's see, even though I missed most of the old games, my grandmother owned all of the old systems. My first video game was either something on the N64, Super Mario 64, Kirby and the Crystal Shards, or an SNES game, Yoshi's Island or...some other Kirby game who's name escapes me. Either way, it was either Mario or Kirby. Then, my first pokemon game was Yellow (technically not owned, but the first one I played), but I had no clue how to play XD

Back