• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was the pokemon that you most took time to cathc

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    For me it was Larvitar in Pokemon Fire Red. He was such a pain to catch.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Regice!!!OMG!!I don't want to see his face again!!! Save me!! It took me 4 hours!!! @_@ 74 Ultra Balls!How dare he!

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    well for me it was probably rioku or whatever it is called in silver. i had to catch it with a pokeball. it took 78 pokeballs x_x

what was the pokemon that you most took time to cathc

Ayselipera

Suicune in Crystal. I went through numerous ultra and great balls.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Probably Regice or Horsea in Emerald.
    Larvitar in LeafGreen.

Lunatone

The Meteorite Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Entei in Fire Red probably. Although the Regis gave me quite a lot of trouble as well.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    I find that I mostly have trouble with rare wild Pokemon more than the legendaries. Entei and the dogs aren't exactly hard, take away the run factor and they're no more hard than say Groudon or Kyogre. However, Zapdos... He used to give me so much trouble, plus in Yellow he made Pikachu look like a 5 volt battery. Ditto, Tauros and Chansey are another tough bunch that deserve some sort of honourable mention here.

Thanks to the new Pokeballs in the 3rd gen like the Net ball and the Speed ball, it makes a lot of Pokemon much more easier to catch. That's why I think that the 1st gen Pokemon basically were some of the most challenging.

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
    it took me about a month to capture Regice, and also Larvitar and Entei.I just got a pokemon with taunt so it got annoyed and had to attack instead of running...Pure genius:)

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    For just plain catching I would say Azelf. But if you include trying to find the damn thing then Tauros is Red.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2022
    mewtwo in pokemon LG i wne through bout 50 ultraballs 25 greatballs 10 timemr balls 5 reapeat balls and like 10 pokeballs. caught with pokeball tho

or latios i dontk now why i cant catch it surely i dont get why i cant i caught mesprit on my 5th encounter-no dmg just pokeball but i cant catch latios.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2009
    I'm going with Rayquaza. I hated chasing Latias/Latios the most, but Rayquaza was certainly the hardest for me to not accidentally knock out while trying to catch.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    What Pokemon took ages for me to catch?

Regirock Regirock Regirock but I caught him with Timer Ball

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Last time I even cared about pokedex completion was in Pokemon Yellow. -.-

In that case, catching a Venomoth was the hardest thing for me. I was young and stupid and didn't think about using a Rare Candy on my lv.30 Venonat. Nope, I wanted to find one in the wild. >_>

Back