• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was the worst trick you fell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    One of my friends said that Mewtwo evolved into "Doomsday." He also said there was a Doomsday card and that he had one, but he kept it locked up in a safe, and he couldn't show anyone. I never believed anything he said though because he was always spouting off some stupid thing that wasn't even remotely believable.

Years
    One of my friends tricked me about getting the GS Ball is Silver when I was 11. He said that if you show Prof. Oak a complete Pokedex of 250 pokemon, you would get the GS Ball to activate the Celebi event. Boy was he wrong. I did manage to get all 250 pokemon though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    One of my friends tricked me about getting the GS Ball is Silver when I was 11. He said that if you show Prof. Oak a complete Pokedex of 250 pokemon, you would get the GS Ball to activate the Celebi event. Boy was he wrong. I did manage to get all 250 pokemon though.

Well. I got the Japenese version and my friend told me the same thing but he was surprised to see I really got celebi :D

Years
    To tell everybody the truth, I've never really fallen for the "Mew Truck" or the "Pikablu/Mewthree? stuff although I DID used to think Pikablu was real!

I DID Spend hours trying to get past the guard by the SS Anne so I could Surf to the truck to see what all the commotion was all about, however, I could't seem to Surf over the guard or through the trees.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Mew truck? It's the well-known truck in the SS. Anne which, supposedly, hid Mew. I heard a trick where you had to have a Dratini, a Dragonair and a Dragonite. A (ex)friend told me he was training the first two, so I only had to "lent" him my Dragonite... I never saw it again.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I tried the truck trick, it didn't work. But it was still fun going around about to get the poison badge before you got the 2 previous. lol.

Never heard of Pikablu. Missingno, I never caught one, but from the trick it is along side, I caught 20 lvl 100 snorlax. lol

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    The worst trick I ever fell for was those darn cloning scams on this forum! And also that the tooth fairy really existed...if you got $100 every time you lost your teeth, you'd believe in her too!

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    some dude told me that mew, togepi, marill, phanpy, and donphan were available in the game, seeing as they were introduced early and crap

i think i spent a year looking in veridian forest for the "Pink Bubble" he told me about, that there was a secret passage some where in the trees and you use cut, and a pick bubble comes out, giving you the chance to fight Mew. BULL CRAP!

As for Marill, i spent a few months looking at the islands that you find all the ice pokemon in for days, he told me to look for a little ball with a tail, then use strength on it, he said it would fight you as a Marill. Again, BULL CRAP!

I spent probably the most time on Togepi. He told me to go to the old cinabar mantions, and look for one of those pokemon statues with it holding an egg. I prolly spent most of my time after giving up on mew and marill until g/s. Once again, BULL CRAP!

Finally, that stupid kid told me that if i searched on the outside of Cerulean Cave, adn keep on using rock smash, that one of the walls would crumble, giving me the chance of fighting either a level five Phanpy or a level fifty donphan. I HATE THAT KID!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    my friend said that if you already have a super rod, and talk to the guy who gives you it 1000 times, then you get a hyper rod, with that you can catch a pikablu, i fell for that so bad

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    some dude told me that mew, togepi, marill, phanpy, and donphan were available in the game, seeing as they were introduced early and crap

i think i spent a year looking in veridian forest for the "Pink Bubble" he told me about, that there was a secret passage some where in the trees and you use cut, and a pick bubble comes out, giving you the chance to fight Mew. BULL CRAP!

As for Marill, i spent a few months looking at the islands that you find all the ice pokemon in for days, he told me to look for a little ball with a tail, then use strength on it, he said it would fight you as a Marill. Again, BULL CRAP!

I spent probably the most time on Togepi. He told me to go to the old cinabar mantions, and look for one of those pokemon statues with it holding an egg. I prolly spent most of my time after giving up on mew and marill until g/s. Once again, BULL CRAP!

Finally, that stupid kid told me that if i searched on the outside of Cerulean Cave, adn keep on using rock smash, that one of the walls would crumble, giving me the chance of fighting either a level five Phanpy or a level fifty donphan. I HATE THAT KID!

Hehe. HMs only spawn fake cheats.

Years
    I was told that if you found a Spearow lvl. 0 in the Safari Zone, Bill would let you into his backyard and you'd find Mew.

Someone also told me that if you caught all the Pokemon, found the "Mew Truck", and drove it to the Pokemon League, you'd unlock Johto in RBY. The person even told me he got all the badges in Johto as well.

Some my cousin told me that after you capture Missingno, it begins to transform into rare Pokemon like Squirtle and Mew. I actually believed him too.

DrDeath

Don't diss Magikarp
    Years
    The grass near Pallat Town, blocked by the fence or something contained like level 100 Charizards and Mews. Oh the wasted time..

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    i also heard that if you walk that little circle where the building was going up 1000 times, and you go into a building and come out, that the building would be up, and you could find an Unown in there. I didn't spend much time on that one, i just turned on my game a few minutes ago, to try to find the truck you all are talking about, and i noticed i was on the outside of that circle, and i remembered. Wow, it's been a long time since i've played blue...

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I heard where you talk to Kamon 100 times when he is standing outside Elm's office and you unlock a super secret store where you can buy the starters and masterballs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back