• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was your favorite background song?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    For some unfathomable reason, I really liked the background songs in the anime. So, I just wanted to ask you what was your favorite background song(not theme song)?

My favorite is " I Got a Victory Badge" from season 1.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I agree man, many of the background songs in the anime are really good, I listen to a lot of them whenever I go for a run
    All of the Kimi no soba de (dawns theme) versions were so good
    And many of the movie soundtracks were great
    Aaron 1 - from the 8th movie
    As long as I can hold my breath - from the 9th movie was brilliant
    The entire soundtrack from the 1st movie is great as well

Years
  • If this one counts, definitely:

The Celebi Revived background song from movie 4.

And like AliceBlaze said, definitely also Tears, After Cloudy Weather from the anime series itself.. gah.. it's so powerful and emotional.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I really, really, REALLY adore a ton of tracks in the Pokémon anime, but most of my favorites are super-obscure ones that most people tend to overlook. xD

My number one favorite of all time is "Waves Hit the Shore" from the Zekrom version of Movie 14. It is just incredibly beautiful on so many levels, and it can be either heartwarming or heartbreaking depending on how it's used. I wish the anime had utilized this track more, but at least all of the rare occasions I remember it being featured on were very emotional to me. Especially near the end of the Zekrom movie... ;__;

Waves Hit the Shore

My second favorite is tougher to decide on, but I'll call it a tie between "Promise" from Movie 16, and all variations of "Where the Ortus Blooms" from the same movie, particularly the "Lost Genesect" variant. It's a bit hard to describe, but these tracks really breathe an air of life into the adventure/traveling aspect of the Pokémon anime. While the scenery in the anime (not counting the movies) is usually on the generic side, these tracks definitely help the landscape feel more alive, in a sense. I'm sure most people who have watched XY subbed will recognize this music, because it was certainly utilized quite a lot in that series.

Promise

Lost Genesect

Honorable mentions go to "Chiisaki Mono ~Komori Uta~" from Movie 6 and "As Long as I Can Hold My Breath" from Movie 9 (which are both INSANELY gorgeous tracks), but I am too lazy to embed any more music, let alone explain my reasons for loving them so much, ahahahaha. But I will say that I almost cried when Ash's group parted ways with Jirachi...

Also, there's one really sad track from the Zekrom version of Movie 14 that I believe is unreleased, which is kind of regrettable because it plays at such a key moment in the movie. The emotion in that scene was brought out to its full potential largely due to the music, and that's sorta why the Reshiram version didn't do as well in my opinion. Oh, well. If anyone was wondering, this was the scene it was used in:

Spoiler:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Back in Season 1&2 the background music was from the games. A recent rewatch made for some nostalgic feelings.

Back