• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first anime?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Well sweeties, my first anime was both Dragon Ball (The one with Young Goku. Not Z, the series before it...despite the fact Dragon Ball Z is still called Dragon Ball in Japan.) and Sailor Moon. I remember when I was growing up, those two shows would play back to back every morning.

It was also funny noticing the cheaply made attempts at censorship in Dragon Ball. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I didn't even know they were anime at the time. But I watched Noozles, Lil' Bits, Maya The Bee, and Ronin Warriors (In 1991-93, and '95). And for a split second I watched Sailor Moon. Maybe a commercial about it, I don't remember. But I didn't even know they were anime at the time. Same goes with Pokemon. I didn't even know it came from Japan. I thought it was made here. I found out that it was made in Japan by a magazine I was reading (Back in 1999).

Then I realized, whoa all the shows I watched...they were from Japan?! Dang, no wonder they were good. XD Didn't watch Dragonball Z, Digimon, and Sailor Moon til way later. So that started my obsession over anime. XD It slowed down now.

Tonitonichopchop

Cottton candy lover
    Years
  • My first anime was the movie My Neighbhor Totoro. As for my first anime series, that honor would have to go to One Piece (And I still love it).

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    I think it was Naruto, I remember the reason like it was yesterday...
    My friend kept on shouting how nijisu and I thought he made it up and praised him for the cool name, but then my other mate said he got it from this anime named Naruto... And that's how it happened

Feminine Cuttlefish

Fire-Type Cuttlefish
    Years
  • I don't remember the name but I remember the storyline kinda clearly.

Something about underwater, a girl, a nerdy boy who likes making stuff, and a submarine. Gaaah, can't remember anything. I think the first episode involved people attempting to make a working airplane/airplane race?

Someone help me out here.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Hmm... My memory from when I was really young is a bit hazy, but I do remember watching a lot of anime as a little kid. I'm sure that I watched Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Slayers and Rurouni Kenshin... although I think that I was mostly into Pokemon. There may have been some Digimon in there too, as well as Yu-Gi-Oh. I loved anime before I even knew what is was. xD

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Hmm... I watched a lot of anime in my childhood. Pokémon, Gundam wing, Dragonball Z, Digimon, beyblade etc etc

My first anime i watched fully was the original beyblade. Then probally a fight against Digimon, pokémon and Yu-gi-oh.

I also watched: Salor moon (PMSL) One piece. bobobobobobo (the longest name ever) I watched loads but can't remember some.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2011
    sailor moon back in the late 90s
    wahh, i was so young back then and i treasure the show so badly!

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Voltron... when I was in like 3rd grade or so. I guess I liked it because I'm like... super way big into Power Rangers. So it only made sense. The next one I really remember watching was Ronin Warriors... at some point when I was in middle school.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Pokemon Or DBZ I dont really remember. But I know DBZ started the anime era for me.

Years
  • I would venture it as either Future Boy Conan or Anne of Green Gables, since they're very old (like, 70's and 80's old) and they're the shows I remember back the furthest. Oh goodness, childhood memories ;_;

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    It was Sailor Moon, I think, but I don't count it because my sister always got to watch TV so I was forced to watch what she watched.

I consider my first anime to be Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    First I saw: Tenchi Muyo!
    First watched regularly: Dragon Ball Z
    First I watched in knowing what anime is: Elfen Lied

Back