• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    I dont entirely remember cuz it was so long ago but I'm pretty sure it was a Bulbasaur on Red or Blue (I dont remember if both my Brother and I shared Blue at the time or if we got Blue and Red at the same time)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Charmander on Red, I think...

Well, it's obviously going to be a fire/grass/water starter Pokemon regardless. xD

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    My first pokemon was..

Eh, the water pokemon from Silver version.. (too lazy to spell the name) But yeahh..good times, good times. Still my favorite pokemon.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    picachu (might be spelt wrong, i'm terrible at spellings) pokemon yellow
    Charmander for red
    Bulbasaur for blue
    chicakrita for silver
    cyndaqil for gold
    i didn't pick squirtal in blue/red because almost all my mates had it
    I didn't pick totdaile in gold/silver because one of my mates had it and the evoultions were plain rubbish

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    Torchic when I nabbed my cousin's emerald game
    Charmander on Fire Red
    Chikorita on Silver
    Treeko when I got my own emerald game
    Chimchar on Pearl

Marilyn

Music of the Night.
    Years
    I actually started playing pokemon with my older brother when I was about four.

My first pokemon was Squirtle, on Blue Version. I reached level 20 without any help that year :)

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    bulbasaur

my first pokemon was bulbasaur on blue version i remember that day that i battled brock good times, on silver version my first pokemon i think was a totodile, and ruby version my first pokemon I think was Mudkip, then on Pearl version it was Turtwig

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Talk about bringing back some good memories =]

Ahhh, Blue version on my birthday as a young little spunk. :P oh gosh at least a good ten+ years ago, wow.

Even though today Im a water fan, I selected Charmander....didnt name the little guy though I always referred to him as sal-furt, yes i said sal-furt :P odd name, great times...
    though when it comes to the first cuaght I believe it was...one of the nidos...so far back i cant remember.

as for other versions:
    Mudkip
    Piplup
    and Chikorita :D

Lorin

Fire Trainer
    Years
    well i think it was umm Charmender cause i watched a couple of pokemon episodes and found out what it evovles into and Charizaid is one my favorite pokemon

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur. My first catch (as surprising as it sounds) was Mewtwo.
    I do not count the lapras and eevee received in game as "catches".

ultimatelegend5

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Bulbasaur, in Red Version was my first ever pokemon. Wow that was a long time ago. And ratatat(sp?) was my first ever caught

whoah so long ago, I remember me using vine whip with Bulbasaur

Back