• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever pokemon?

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    remember

i remember playing blue version traveling through the veridian forest and with my bulbasaur it was hard to beat brock thats surprising because back then i didn't know much about pokemon but i watched the series every saturday morning on kids wb and i watch monster rancher too good shows i was like 5 then in 1998 i will never forget that bulbasaur he was my favorite pokemon, him and weepinbell back then my first pokemon card was a rattata and then a magnemite

Last edited:

Cutiest

Schoolin Scrub Squirtles
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    Charmander REPRESENTINNNNN!!! Was in pokemon red for real I got that all the way to a charizard in one night. Ownin teh hoe pokemons left and right!

Treeckouser

LiFe's wORth liViNG fOr
    Years
    Cyndaquil, in Gold version. I played Red with some friends but my parents didn't want to buy me a Game Boy. So, when they did the gold version was new and I wanted it. So it was Cyndaquil, the first Pokémon i've ever had and the first one I raised to lv.100. Acctualy, I didn't want a Cyndaquil, but accidentaly i clicked on the A button, so... But I've never felt sorry about that 'cause I'll never forget that Cyndaquil, it was the best Pokémon I've ever had!

My first caught (in my own game) was a Pidgey, that little guy was just amazing, I'll never forget it too... in my friend's game, I guess it was a farfetch'd but i'm not sure, I don't remember it as well as my Pidgey...

Years
    My VERY first one was Charmander in blue 10 years ago, good memories, ill never forget my charmander!

Anyway my first pokemon I caught was Rattata and I still have it in its evolution form of course!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Bulbasaur in Blue all those years ago.
    Mind you, first time through I always pick the grass type.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Charmander on Red, I think...

Well, it's obviously going to be a fire/grass/water starter Pokemon regardless. xD

What was your first ever pokemon?

Not unless you have Pokemon Yellow, which your starter Pokemon is a Pikachu.

I know from personal experience...yes, my first Pokemon was a Pikachu...

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    My first ever Pokemon was a Squirtle in Blue back in 2004. I still always picked Squirtle even when Pokemon Games such as Fire Red came out because i found it a really great starter to use.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
    I remember this one. It was on blue version. It was a charmander. But it took me forever to figure out how to get out of the house xD I was soooo close to beating that game too. In the leage, when I got to Gary, I lost! =(

Then I lent the game to my older brother and he started a new game >=(

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    My first Pokémon was a Chikorita in my Crystal version. Now it is a lvl 100 Meganium.

Years
    First Pokémon, Bulbasaur, on Red, used to love him more than any other starter, but now, at least in Kanto, hes my least favorite.

First captchured Pokémon, probably a Pidgey, beens as there so common on Route 1.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My first Pokemon was either a Totodile or a Cyndaquil on Silver in 2002. It seems like such a long time ago. xD It was a day after I got my first Game Boy (Color).

Back