• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
Blue was my first. And I got it when it first came out! Gosh, I'm old >>

I agree with the old statement, my first game was Red Version, I liked Dragons (Charizard) better than Turtles (Blastoise) at the time, for those who dont know charizard was on the box and cartridge for red where blastoise was for blue. It worked out great as my cousin, who i grew up with, had gotten blue for Xmas, soo many hours trading, and when our pokedex was filled, sooooo many hours battling! I usually won since I had a Mew, my ace in the hole!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
My first game was Yellow. I stole it from a friend and told him that our other friend threw it in the sewer. However, I got Red shortly after.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
The Original Red when it first came out in the US.
Red's my favorite color and I like dragons. Plus my brother got Blue, so it worked out well for both of us!

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i ended up borrowing a diamond version from a friend and had it for a couple years. he took it back sadly, but its for that reason that i have a kind of an attachment to the fourth gen, even though most people don't like it, but, you know, haters gonna hate. my starter was piplup and i got pretty far in dex even though i couldn't trade

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
Mine was Diamond & Pearl on DS since I didn't own a Gameboy Advance, I owned a Gameboy Micro :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2020
I don't currently have any Pokemon games, but on my birthday, my first one may be Pokemon X and Y.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
Years
My first pokemon I played is Red Version and my First Starter Pokemon is Charizard and Blastoise.I started play this game it was year early 2000.A young kid was looking to exchange cartridge then suddenly he saw I play game mmmmmm I think I was playing Super Mario 3 in GB then he's asking me can we trade my super Mario 3 Game to his Pokemon Red Version at first I refuse his offer to trade but he begging me to trade it(That kid is seriously needing the game I have)so I have no choice to trade it I'm Not kidding.......after we trade cartridge I now try this game and yeah I'm amaze this game is really awesome....Seriously I curious this kid why he want my Super Mario 3 to his Pokemon Red Version I think he don't like this game I wonder.......:(

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Leaf Green. Ironically my first game in Pokemon is the remake of the first Generation XD.
I didn't give enough details on this, but I'll share anyway cause I want too >:I and I like sharing stories :D

I was elementary. I borrowed a Pokemon FireRed from a friend, a kind of, loan trading where we switch cartridges for a while. I had a Megaman Battle Network 6 Gregar and a classmate offered to switch games. He let me have a test run and I was satisfied with it. I traded with him at the end of the day and I was hooked on the game. Eventually I bought my own first Pokemon game and It was Pokemon LeafGreen and I began playing that one as well. Eventually we returned our games. I didn't realize at that time that it would change my interests forever and I am grateful for him to have let me experience it at a bright age.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Technically my first game was Pokémon Emerald that I played with my GBA. I used to play Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Gold too, but it was borrowed from my cousin, so these two doesn't count.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
First Pokemon Game? Pokemon Blue.
I believe I was three years old. That was 15 years ago.

Years
The first pokemon game I remember playing was pokemon gold. sadly it was a rom on my dads computer but it was the first pokemon game i called mine. the first pokemon game i've brought and owned legitly is pokemon x and i love it

Back