• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Pokemon Emerald, I believe.
Those were the days, when everything had a certain mysterious tone to it. No walkthroughs or faqs or bulbapedia.

Guest123_x1

My first Pokémon game was Yellow, which I got for Christmas 1999. I was kind of reluctant to even try it out when I first saw it upon unwrapping the wrapping paper, but, once I loaded it and started a game, I was hooked almost instantly. (Figures, since I was told upon being given that present that I would like that game.)

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow. I don't remember why or how I got it, I just remember seeing Pikachu following me around and loving it. Since then, ha, I've become quite the fan of Pokemon. I had no clue Pikachu was the mascot back then, so he's held a special place in my "Pokemon I most love" list since. I liked him before it was cool!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
My first was Sapphire when I was about 5. I remember I couldn't even get out of Littleroot Town, but that didn't stop me from playing for ages. It took me two years to beat the game.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
Years
The first game I played was Pokemon Stadium at my friend's house. My first game I personally owned though was Sapphire. I got it for Christmas the when I was about 7 years old. Took me awhile to figure things out. In fact, I had to restart the game 5 time because I didn't know how to save. Once I did figure it out though, I was hooked. I Played over 300 hours on it and I kinda became the Pokemon Guru at my school. I was like an expert-for-hire. They would give me their game and I would get something for them (Like Flygons or Salamences). In return, I got a bunch of different stuff such as cash, Pokemon figures/cards, and other stuff. One time, I got a free Pokemon Emerald from this one girl because her older brother didn't play it anymore. I still have both games to this day and I play them every now and then when I get bored and laugh at the names my 7-10 self gave to some of my Pokemon.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
First game was Pokemon Red. It was actually a gift for my birthday. I remember I first played the game, I played it for hoooours. <3 It was the best gift ever back then. :3

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
My first Pokemon game was Yellow. I was about 8 years old and I didn't even know there existed Pokemon video games, but because I watched the anime all the time my parents thought to buy me a Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokemon Yellow (I guess it was the only one they actually recognised as a Pokemon game because of Pikachu on the cover).
Brock was quite hard to beat, even though I had grinded my Pikachu to ridiculously high levels. After I had already beaten the game, a friend of mine told me that Brock is easier to beat if you have a Nidoran. So, on my second playthrough, I caught both a male and a female Nidoran and I ended up going through the whole game with just a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen, while poor Pikachu was rotting away in the PC box.

Years
My first Pokémon game was Gold, and it was gifted to me I think at Christmas by my mother. At the time I received my copy, my brother was still into Pokémon, and he got Silver version. I remember the both of us lying next to each other on our living room floor starting our games together as well.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
My first pokemon game was red rescue, that started my love for dem spin-off games :P

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My first pokemon game that i actrually played was pokemon gold on the pc using an emulator called SymsGB.The first pokemon game i actually bought was a pirated pokemon fire red ! regardless of it being pirated i loved the game and it continued to save for at least 3 years :O.Good days :P

Years
Does Pokemon Stadium count? XD If not, then Pokemon X is officially my first traditional Pokemon game ;___; It's quite sad. They were all on handhelds that I never owned so I never got the chance to play them D:

Back