• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Was Your First Pokemon In Dppt?

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Pearl:starly
    platinum:onix

in platinum I had more experience so I chose onix
    I haven't even caught starly yet in platinum

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I dont remember what I caught in diamond but in platinum I caught a starly, then trained it to lv 30 and got bored of training it.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    First i caught was a Shinx,
    I never cared for starly or kricketot, and bidoof is pretty worthless. but Shinx was so cute, i just had catch it. He's now a permanent member of my team <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I always make sure I capture a Starly first, it's my favorite bird Pokemon since Pidgeot. Plus, access to Fly makes it practically essential in DPP.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well for me Plat was diffrent at the start, i picked Turtwig, Caught Starly, traded Starly for Elekid egg, hatched Elekid egg, Boxed Turtwig, Caught second Starly, so i don't know who to say as my first Elekid or Starly, but i think Elekid should be it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Either Shinx or Starly gosh it was so long ago with Pearl I don't remember
    For Platinum it was Starly
    ....1st one I actually used in a real team was Abra

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I caught a Starly just cause I needed a second Pokémon to use to beat that kid you first battle. It turned out it had not only the proper nature, but I also properly EV-trained it despite the fact that I didn't even try to. And now she's my highest-leveled Pokémonin the game [that I trained myself].

I also thought I could breed her with my piplup once they got to their respective second stage evos, since they're both birds right?

*Lex Luthor Head Appears*

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Shinx in diamond in platinum onix because it was on a pretty high level for the area I just wanted to get throw pt quickly to see the new events

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Whoa...There is alot of Shinx and Starly. And Bidoof is the only been a Hm Slave.
    And by the way,My Shinx Is Now A Luxray In Platinum! (I brought it yesterday)

Back