• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your most disappointing egg hatch?

buttlet32

Buttlet
Years
  • I know we've all had that moment where we've wasted a huge amount of our free time walking to hatch that egg you received only to hatch a Pokemon you already have and don't need or have seen o many times in the wild you have no need for it. I remember the first egg I hatched was outside my house. I was surrounded by Pidgey in every direction. I looked up to make sure I WAS in the way of all incoming traffic and then looked back at my phone to see that my egg was hatching. It was a Pidgey. Seriously. I stand in the middle of traffic surrounded by Pidgey watching as my egg hatches into something I could have literally caught right then. But my most disappointing egg hatch was an Eevee I hatched by walking 10km. My area is flooded with Eevee. So all that time was wasted, but anyway, the question still remains. What was your most disappointing egg hatch?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've honestly been pretty happy with all of my hatches so far. The most disappointing would probably have to be a 2 KM Weedle hatching but I don't think it's possible to be disappointed about a 2 KM egg being worthless paha. My boyfriend had a 10 KM egg hatch last night which had a ~300 CP Jynx in it which was a big let down for him (he already had a Jynx and his average CP is around 800-1000). Thankfully I've been lucky so far though!

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • The most disappointing one for me was actually from my first egg. It was a Magikarp I found in a 2 km egg. I live in an area that doesn't have a lot of Water Pokemon, too, so that Magikarp being my first Water-type kinda added salt to the wound.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The most disappointing one for me was actually from my first egg. It was a Magikarp I found in a 2 km egg. I live in an area that doesn't have a lot of Wate Pokemon, too, so that Magikarp being my first Water-type kinda added salt to the wound.
    Haha I feel bad for you! Honestly I'd be pretty happy to have a Magikarp hatch at this stage; when you need 400 candy to evolve it I'll take just about any I can get XD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd be happy about the Magikarp hatching too. That's a serious boast towards that 400! It takes foreeeeever to get there catching Magikarp.

My most disappointing was a Nidoran(f) from a 5km egg. ): I pretty much see Nidoran everywhere, so it wasn't even anything I really wanted or needed. I even hatched it in a purchased incubator, so maybe that's what made me salty about the experience.

Oh well, plenty more eggs to hatch...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I think right now I'm only disappointed in an egg hatch that is a Rattata.

I still catch Caterpie and Pidgey in order to evolve them for exp and as well to level up my Pidgeot and Butterfree.

But Rattata is at this point completely useless to me. I don't catch them anymore and I don't ever plan on using Raticate in any sense of the word so leveling it up is pointless. So definitely the Rattata I got today was pretty disappointing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think right now I'm only disappointed in an egg hatch that is a Rattata.

I still catch Caterpie and Pidgey in order to evolve them for exp and as well to level up my Pidgeot and Butterfree.
    Never seen someone happy about hatching Caterpie before - do you think the Butterfree is worth using/putting candy into? I'm looking to evolve my Metapod soon but now wondering if it's worth waiting for a stronger one if you're liking yours haha.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I'm not battling with it, I haven't battled with anything, I don't really have anything to battle 1000cp Pokémon. And I'm not really interested in battling in Pokémon Go.

I'm mostly just raising their cp for fun. Though candies only give you like 20cp for Butterfree and Beedrill.
    Right now my main goal is to get my favorite Pokémon Ninetales and Vileplume but I'm catching whatever to fill up the Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I've only hatched two eggs so far (can't wait for the weekend when I can actually do some walking) but one of those was very disappointing. It was a 5K and the first egg I ever had. I'd looked at the list of possible 5K pokemon, and there was only one that I already had; drowzee, of which I had about 8. Guess what the egg hatched into... :(

The other egg was less disappointing as it was a magikarp. It remains the only one I've ever had and I have a softspot for the useless little fish, so I was happy :P

buttlet32

Buttlet
    Years
  • Well I'm not battling with it, I haven't battled with anything, I don't really have anything to battle 1000cp Pokémon. And I'm not really interested in battling in Pokémon Go.

I'm mostly just raising their cp for fun. Though candies only give you like 20cp for Butterfree and Beedrill.
    Right now my main goal is to get my favorite Pokémon Ninetales and Vileplume but I'm catching whatever to fill up the Pokedex.

Funny you say that. Used to, my strongest PKMN was a Snorlax with 819cp and I fought a gym with two PKMN with cp over 1,000 as well as some lower levels. I lost some PKMN, but I still won with only three PKMN. Battling comes down to more than just CP.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    After I chose Bulbasaur as my started, the first Pokemon that hatched out of an egg was.. wait for it.. a Bulbasaur. :|
    Whilst that sounds kind of annoying I think i'd be pretty happy with more Bulbasaur candy haha. Can definitely think of more disappointing hatches! Though not certain how much you get from 2 KM eggs; do you remember how much candy you got?

buttlet32

Buttlet
    Years
  • After I chose Bulbasaur as my started, the first Pokemon that hatched out of an egg was.. wait for it.. a Bulbasaur. :|
    I wouldn't be upset about that. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter as well. Although where I live Bulbasaur are common it doesn't change the fact I still need a boatload more Bulbasaur candy to evolve my Ivysaur. I have 19 and need 100 to evolve her.

https://www.serebii.net/pokemongo/eggs.shtml It says here that the candy you receive from hatching eggs is between 10-35. I don't know how much of that is true, seeing how I hatched a Pikachu out of a 2km egg and only received 7 candy from it, but like it says it is based on the cp of the hatched PKMN.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    https://www.serebii.net/pokemongo/eggs.shtml It says here that the candy you receive from hatching eggs is between 10-35.

That is definitely not true. I have never caught a magikarp, but I have hatched one from an egg. I have 6 magikarp candy, ergo I got 6 for hatching it.

My most disappointing egg was my first one ever. It was a 5K and at the time there was only one thing it could hatch into that I already had - a drowzee. I already had 6 or so of those. Guess what it hatched into? :P

buttlet32

Buttlet
    Years
  • That is definitely not true. I have never caught a magikarp, but I have hatched one from an egg. I have 6 magikarp candy, ergo I got 6 for hatching it.

My most disappointing egg was my first one ever. It was a 5K and at the time there was only one thing it could hatch into that I already had - a drowzee. I already had 6 or so of those. Guess what it hatched into? :P

I know. That's why I was questioning Serebii's information, because of the Pikachu I mentioned.

Back