• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your most disappointing egg hatch?

Years
  • I've hatched Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat and it makes me want to stop playing the game.

I would be pretty annoyed to hatch a Pinsir or Eevee from a 10k though since those are both pretty common where I am.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My most disappointing egg was my first one ever. It was a 5K and at the time there was only one thing it could hatch into that I already had - a drowzee. I already had 6 or so of those. Guess what it hatched into? :P
    I'm guessing... Porygon? :D Nah I feel bad for you haha. Drowzee has to be one of the most disappointing things of all to hatch - at least your hopes aren't raised when a 2 KM egg is hatching but there's a really good chance of getting something cool from a 5 KM egg so receiving a Drowzee from it just feels so rubbish.

Years
  • Whilst that sounds kind of annoying I think i'd be pretty happy with more Bulbasaur candy haha. Can definitely think of more disappointing hatches! Though not certain how much you get from 2 KM eggs; do you remember how much candy you got?

I got a total of 12 candies right now.. Bulbasaur needs 25 to evolve. Needless to say that was pretty useless. xD

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I had two 2k eggs hatch in a row and they were both Caterpie. I was very disappointed.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    A 10km Eevee. The extra candies did help me evolve it into a Vaporeon but... ugh. I wanted something else. Not Eevee which I can find pretty easily. :(
    I feel bad for saying this now after your 10 KM being an Eevee but I hatched a Magmar today from a 10 KM and gosh I was disappointed. I'd been excited about this egg for days but it had to be literally the only non-Eevee Pokémon in the 10 KM group that I already had, and one which was several hundred CP lower than my current one. Honestly would have preferred an Eevee! #1stworldproblems

Years
  • Excluding the Pidgeys and Zubats etc my most disappointing egg hatch is probably a Paras from a 5k egg yesterday. The game did the glitch where it doesn't tell you when your egg is hatching and I just checked my Pokemon list and it was there...

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
  • After I chose Bulbasaur as my started, the first Pokemon that hatched out of an egg was.. wait for it.. a Bulbasaur. :|

I wish, Bulbasaur was my starter but they're as rare as hen's teeth here so I've only seen three others and caught one and I really want to evolve that sucker.

Years
  • Well a weedle from 2km egg, but I wasn't expecting anything rare... would have been nice to get one of the starters though.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    I've gotten a couple of Weedles and Magikarp from my 5K eggs. In my area, I farm Weedles and Magikarp for XP and Stardust. I'm up to 268 Magikarp candies ...

But I'm to the point now that if its something unique, thats cool. If not, I get Stardust and mabybe some useful candy ... it still doesnt soften the fact that you wasted valuable incubator time though ...

Back