• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What was your reaction when your pokemon Mega evolved?

Years
  • So Alpha Sapphire is my first gen 6 game and my first mega is latias. Right after I got it I went into battle and mega evolved. It was kinda hype not gonna lie, animations look cool. I can't wait till I can get mega stones for my blaziken, gardevior, swampert and Sceptile.

Years
  • When Latias mega-evolved, I remember putting my 3DS aside, listening to Alestorm's "Sunset on the golden age" a couple times to drown out the sound of my childhood and image of the world crashing down around me, and thinking back on those sweet sweet days where things made sense and mega evolutions didn't exist.

Needless to say, I wasn't a too huge fan of it and it didn't make me too happy xP
    I'm still not -too- fond of megas, but I'm perfectly ok with them now.
    They're a relatively small part of the game the way I tend to play anyway, and they don't really affect me all that much at the end of the day. It's understandable that they want to try and come up with new things to keep the games interesting and stuff, and that's perfectly fine. I'm just not a too huge fan of this particular thing myself ^^'

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Seeing Latios Mega Evolve was really exciting for me because we had already known it and Latias would have a Mega Evolution for a while now (long before ORAS were out), so finally seeing the mythical Mega Latios was pretty darn cool! Another factor that made Mega Evolution really exciting in this game was that we can obtain the Mega Stones before beating the Elite Four (which we couldn't do in X&Y), so Mega Evolving my Mawile before I even made it to the 6th gym made me pretty happy ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Mega Evolution is quite cool in general I think, but I could not possibly be more disappointed with Mega Lati@s. They look identical. They literally lost the only way to tell them apart. No clue what Gamefreak was thinking when they made those other than "Well one's blue and one's red. Why not make them both purple?" I assume it's so that they only had to make 1 model for soaring around Hoenn, but come on.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • my reaction was same as most poke fandom nothing special since almost all people i know alredy know how all megas looked like before the games came ot tanx to lots of youtubers

Years
  • It wasn't the same reaction as I had in X/Y but I still enjoy that awesome scene that happens when you Mega Evolve a Pokemon. First one I did on in my playthrough was my Manectric, which made sense since the Manectite was the first Mega Stone I picked up so I had her in mind to be my first one to activate the Mega.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I like the Mega-Evolution animation.
    Wasn't too excited at first in XY when we had to mega evolve Lucario.

Now it makes me smile every time I Mega Evolve my Gardevoir.

Juliandroid98

The night hunter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    The first pokemon that I mega evolved was charizard in pokemon Y.

I was so excited when I saw the animation, it was a really cool first experience.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Hmm. I did like the animation of Pokemon mega evolving, it's pretty cool!
    But I already knew every mega evolution and had seen the transforation animation before I got X/Y.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • We are living in an age where information is easily gathered and spread out to different platforms and avenues so I wasn't completely blown away when i saw my mons mega-evolve. However, i still felt that manly tears of joy flowing out of my tear sockets when i was able to use Mega Blaziken and Speed Boost Sweep every in-game trainer with Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick.

Perhaps the Mega Evos that i was quite surprised and blown away a little were Mega Rayquaza and Mega Salamence. I knew about their Mega Evolution looks but seeing them fully animated in my own game was quite something, especially during the battle vs Zinnia.

Last edited:

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • I wasn't blown away admittedly but I had played Pokemon X before AS so I'd already experienced it. But when I played X for the first time I was excited when my Charizard mega evolved :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    To be honest, I never liked megas. I thought they were a really dumb concept in order to improve/change a Pokemon's appearance. Blaziken was my first mega evolved pokemon and it didn't awe-struck me as much as I thought it would. But that aside, when I first saw Mewtwo's Y mega, I fell in love. I'm a HUGE fan of Mew and getting Mew in Oras is impossible without hackiing/trading. So when my friend traded me his Mewtwo from X and I mega evolved it into its Y form, it somehow reminded me of an evolved/beefed up Mew. I loved it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    At first, I was "meh" but soon I fell in love with my Mega Mawile. OF course I knew about Mega Evolution before I played the game so I wasn't surprised or anything

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I got really excited when they revealed the megas for Charizard, Swampert and Gallade and I got more excited when I actually used them.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Megas sparked my interest from the get go. While I felt that many of the first-revealed megas were just fan service to what's popular, some of more mediocre pokemon that were announced to get one, like Mawile and Ampharos, sparked my interest because it meant that some pokemon were going to get much-needed buffs. Although not in X and Y, Mega Beedrill is in my opinion the ultimate example of what a Mega Evolution can do for a weaker pokemon.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I knew it was going to happen in AS, and when I got my Latias, it didn't surprise me that much but suffice to say I was happy :)

Back