• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What We've Learned from Pokémon

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • OMG THIS THREAD IS BACK!!!

Time to post the awesomeness I posted last time and other people posted last time:

Be warned it's a lot!

Zappy's List of 100 Things I have learnt from Pokemon - Yes it's actually 100

1. Its ok to wear the same clothes over and over again and not need to change for the next few years or so (yes that includes underwear)

2. The best way too get pocket money is to battle people for it

3. You can live a few years without eating

4. Going toilet is unnecessary

5. Ten year olds are allowed to roam the world later than their bedtime

6. Your mom doesn't really care for you and just your money (PKMN G/S/C)

7. Your Mom loves to buy stuff for you even though you will never really be at home to enjoy it.

8. No house has a toilet

9. Water is beaten by electricity ( What about water + a keyboard/computer/ electrical hard(soft)ware)

10. Psychic is not spelt phychic

11. It's ok to be in t-shirts and shorts any time of the year. Even in Winter

12. The only words that come out of your mouth are "......."

13. The main character's parents are divorced except in R/S/E - cause we actually know where your dad is

14. You don't need to learn the important stuff we need to learn now - who gives for school

15. You can ride a pokemon with a burning back(ponyta) without getting ur butt sizzled (pkmn special)

16. You can run without ever getting tired

17. That you can never bike inside

18. Pokemon that have already fainted can still fly you or surf you places

19. People call you often to tell you every bit of information in there life

20. That Ash wasn't good enough to meet Raikou

21. People will keep coming back to challenge even though they know they will still be beaten.

22. (G/S/C) This freaky dude called your Rival keeps stalking you and says he is better than you when really he just wants to get "closer" to you

23. If pikachu evolves Pokemon may Pokemon won't really have much of a point anymore.

24. Your mom doesn't care if you spend all your money gambling

25. No one cares if you walk into their house

26. People love saying the same thing over and over again without any sense of knowing any other vocabulary.

27. Evil organizations need better Pokemon than Zubat Wurple etc

30. Pokemon say their own name in the Anime but in the game they make weird screeching sounds.

31. Another stalker known as Dawn always ends up at the wrong place wrong time

32. Ash needs a birthday Party, I lost count of how old he is

33. Ash carries half a pokeball in his bag

34. Ash abandons his pokemon at Prof. Oaks place when he's in Pallet town and doesn't use them unless necessary.

35. You can get a lot of free stuff from random people no matter how valuable it is

36. People don't wait for your opinion they just battle you. No comment what so ever.

37. You can only do the lottery once a day

38. Swimmers practically live in the water, I've never seen them move from around there spots.

39. Same as 38 Hikers that never go out of caves, they'll go blind from never seeing the light. They musta been born there.

40. People need to move more often as in move from town to town more that just steps.

41. School is a place where there are hardly any students.

42. It's ok to climb mountains without the proper gear.

43. It's ok to walk in the snow just wearing a scarf and no proper snow gear.

44. We can't borrow someone's snowboard or skis in the snow we actually have to walk, we can't run either we HAVE t o walk

45. The sandstorm doesn't bother the trainer, same in a hailstorm

46. Huge creatures can be kept in tiny shere shaped things

47. People just give you thier number not caring what could happen.

48. Tiny mice can beat huge robots.

49. Prof. Oak forgets what his Grandson is called

50. A pokeball is like a boomerang - It comes back!

51. You can recognize bad guys jus by looking at their clothing.

52. Large evil organizations always send their guards at you one at a time and not all at once

53. Even if you have 1000000 in cash you get treated the same as anyone else

54. You can't exercise in Gyms anymore

55. If you get shocked by electricity or burned by fire you turn a black color and sizzle away without getting heart failure or such

56. No one really cares about 10 year olds gambling for dolls

57. that everyone from an evil organization claims to steal other people's Pokemon, but they still insist on using Zubat, Glameow, Stunky, Meowth, and the like. Over and over and over again.

58. Gym Leaders have extreme patience letting them to stand on one spot and still look awesome

59. If you spin around on the same spot really really fast you can change into a tux or a nice dress but only that

60. Police ppls only want to fight you at night

61. Experience in life is given to you by points

62. Most people only require a one room
    house that usually only has a bookcase and table in it.

63. That in order to Smash a rock or to cut a tree you need a badge otherwise you aren't ready to do so

64. I also learned that when a Pokemon faints, it won't wake up until you take it to a Pokemon Center or feed it a small, diamond-shaped piece of who-knows-what. Really, what do they make medicine out of?

65. Grunts in an evil HQ never raise the alarm after they lose - they just stand there

66. Oh, and playing lullabies wakes things up

67. Most 10-year-olds have the physical and mental capacity to run around an entire country

68. Stealing pokemon from trainers is bad, but breaking and entering into somebody's house to steal everything that isn't nailed to a wall is ok

69. Mythical gods can be controlled by a small child if they have enough flimsy pieces of colored metal.

70. The world stands completely still until you do something, and if you lose you can just try again! It's not like anything important will happen while you're gone

71. Birds without wings can fly you across a country despite how small they are

72. A live pink jell-o can reproduce with every living creature on the planet. Humans are probably included.

73. Viruses actually help you get stronger.

74. You haven't fully experienced ugliness until you see a rock-nose compass chunk and a ghost...thing that's sealed in a stone

75. Though many people have KO'd wild animals for experience, you never see any unconscious/dead bodies lying around after the battle

76. Digimon isn't supposed to exist. According to Professor Oak,"...you can't turn a soul into data!" How could he say that? So I've been watching a lie since 1999? I think NOT! He just doesn't want any Pokemon competition, I guess.. (I'm sorry my fellow digimon fan club members)

78. Oak didn't realize he would actually need 4 Pokemon stocked, not just 3 Pokemon and Pikachu...

79. Computer soldiers can cost way more in one game version's gambling prize redemption area than they do in another.

80. Pigs can fly, if given the chance. All they need is someone with expert hacking skills.

81. Even if you become a Champion, the Champion you beat will never leave the room, and you never get the title "Champion" to replace "Animal Trainer" in your name

82. Overgrown lilypads love to dance.

83. You have a 1 in 8192 chance of seeing funky-colored animals covered in glitter.

84. The government is so incompetent. 10-year-old kids are always required to end crises. And leaders of gyms almost freakin' everyone else in the world are/ is so lazy! Many of them have animals that are much stronger than your animals during the crises, so they could easily handle the situation themeselves. But NO... They just stand in their gyms/houses as if nothing's happening to the world.

85. If it's raining on a route right before a treehouse city, you just have to take one step into the city to make the rain disappear.

86. You can stand right next to your animals and get hit by hail, fire, water, rocks, sandstorms, earthquakes, and explosions without feeling a thing or getting hurt

87. Trainers often begin the first day of their career by oversleeping, being woken up by their mother, and being reminded that they slept so late that they missed the meeting with the Professor.

88. To be a professor you HAVE TO be named after a tree. If there is ever a Trainer with a last name that is a tree, then he or she must at some point become a Professor.

89. I learned that all species in the entire world lay eggs.

90. Even when in a life-or-death fight against an evil sociopath in an alternate universe, you still have to take turns.

91. Time travel is possible, but only for baseball-sized objects

92. Trainers don't have to fight said creatures themselves. They can let their pets do all the fighting for them. After all, better them than us. Unfortunately...

93. Moon Rocks can change the way creatures look

94. No scientist has ever bothered to find out what's under a diglett

95. Don't throw rocks at sparrows or taunt weak red flopping fish - You'll regret it later

96. Psychic creatures which have an IQ of over 5000 loves to play with spoons and nothing else

97. That goes the same with Farfetch'd except they'll hold nothing else but leaks - where do they get those things anyway?

98. Berries can also give you defense against certain attacks. And if you eat a berry you hate, you can get confused.

99. The only crime that exists is stealing other people's pokemon. Anything and everything else is excusable.

And most importantly 100: Only people named Ash can save the world

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I learned it's ok to beat up a little boy's Bidoof with a Rayquaza and steal all his money.
    I also learned it's ok to take legendary Pokemon that protect the world and put them in a PC box.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ive learned that one 10 year old boy can save the world from dangerous criminals that plot to, I dunno, lets say floods and lava.

Ive learned that the police is virtually useless. Yes they do exist, just look at cerulean city (was it that one?) there is a police station. But do they take charge against criminals like team rocket? No

Ive learned that there are no such things as hositals as the games. I guess the people who rule that land must not care enough to actually install hospitals

Ive learned that pokemon medicine actually has the potential to cure someone (yes it happened in the anime when some old dude gave ash medicine for his stomach)

Ive learned that there is no definate leader of the regions. I mean if the lands are based so much on japan, wouldnt there be a ruler for each region? No wonder there are actually criminals amok so much in those lands

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ive learnt that even though you are a pokemon champ, you still have to face him again and again as if you wouldve never won in teh first place

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • i learned that you can run around an entire country for months or even years without calling or writing home, and when you do go back to visit, all mommy will do is say that you look tired, send you to take a nap, and send you on your merry way.

oh, and sleeping or resting heals your pets completey, without them coming out of their pokeballs.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Ive learned that I can surf faster- provided I pay for another game+)

- That ground based animals can battle out in mid sea.
    - That every old person looks pretty much the same.
    - That you can achieve your dreams if you pit wild creatures against other wild creatures.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I've learned:

- Television can only show three programs
    - It really ISN'T butter!
    - The only professional sport there is in this world is animal fighting

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I've learned that if you ever meet an old man he will send you to do his dirty work of seeing all the pokemon in the world.
    I've also learned that if you force your pets to battle then no one will care because everyone else does it too.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • I've learned that fishes can breathe and live on land, even in the desert. (Hoenn region's desert, DPPt's Route...228, I think? You can send out a fish and it will act normal.)

Years
    • You can be deemed one of the world's strongest trainers with only a level 12 Pikachu. (Eagun, Pokemon XD)
    • Everything has potential to explode, including leaves, water, and bites.
    • Bags are larger than they look.
    • Fire sprinklers can take out giant rock snakes.
    • Bad guys can manage to get launched hundreds of feet into the air by various means, while others standing near them will not be moved or even affected. Those same people won't get seriously injured from the flight which would surely kill a normal person.
    • Your name must be somewhat related to the type you plan to specialize in your gym.
    • Sleeping (Rest) is considered a psychic power, while magically healing your wounds (Recover) is deemed normal.
    • It is possible to dig on water, and dive on land.
    • Birds (Staravia and Staraptor) can intimidate even gods.
    • Whales and kittens can reproduce together.
    • You can create fire underwater. (Underwater battles in Hoenn)
    • It's okay to have battles in a graveyard; radio towers are more important anyways.

Last edited:

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Ive learned that when your ten years old you leave home on a dangerous adventure and your parents let you go :)

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • As of the movie I've seen tonight, if you go back in time, you can tell those people things of the future, and there are hardly any consequences. (Except killing gods)

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I learned that there are many variations of that red-and-white ball, the most powerful one being that Master something.

I learned that PCs can contain anything.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    13. The main character's parents are divorced except in R/S/E - cause we actually know where your dad is

This is so true, lol.

- You can magically create a hole ten times as wide and twenty times as deep as your body in a split second, only to fall into an underground cavern without being injured and defying gravity by floating back to the surface.
    - A man with a Machop and a lot of time on his hands trying to build a building will NEVER make any progress.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    I've learned that you can instantly escape a massive, dark cave with a rope. (How does that make sense? XD)

Back