• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What/when was your worst illness/injury?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    See title for question.

Me: Well, I have food poisoning right now, (thus why I'm making the thread. lol) which is easily the worst thing I've been through... and I have had food poisoning and the stomach flu before... this one is just so extreme.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Last year I had to be rushed to the hospital because my left lung wouldn't properly contract. And that hurt like burning hell. That had to be one of the most life threatening injuries I've ever, but there are others that come close. How I wish I had a normal body.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Fracturing my foot jumping off a bridge into slightly shallower than expected river would probably be mine. Still hurts a little now when it's freezing cold. D:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    The worst one I can remember is when I had to take 8 days off school in the third grade because I had salmonella. The worst part was, I got it on the last day of a vacation which meant I had to sit in a car for four hours feeling like I was going to be sick. I'm sure once I see some other people's responses to this thread I'm going to feel pretty damn lucky that this is the worst example I can come up with lol.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Last year. I hit my back in a sharp-edged railing while I was in the middle of a visit, and the flesh wound created from the scratch hasn't healed yet. It's still torturing me.

I've done my check-ups, I don't have anemia and/or any illness of that sort, it's just that the placement and something that has to do with my skin won't let the wound recover.

Some time ago it was worse. It gave a great deal of fever/frailty issues and I had to miss two months from college.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The worst injury I had, was during my senior year of high school. I wore really bad shoes to work, and ended up developing a really, really, really, really bad foot infection. I remember that I couldn't walk at all, and ended up wearing a cast and using crutches. I missed work for two weeks, if I remember correctly. Which brings me to a good lesson: never wear sandals to an office.

(Lugia)

Flying Until I Find The One.
    Years
    Well, once I hung upside down on a rail and broke my head open.

Years
    I impaled my foot on a rusty nail that somehow found its way into my cousin's back yard... and then into my foot. D: Just thinking about it makes my toes dig into the floor and I instinctively want to cover the bottoms of my feet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I broke my arm when I was four because I swung off a lamp pretending to be Spiderman. Yeah.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I broke my foot falling down the stairs, lol. It was like that scene in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, where the wheelchair-ridden woman is pushed down the stairs. Except I didn't die, and I only broke my foot (painful as hell afterwards, though). Plus, I tripped on my brother, and I wasn't pushed.
    Or was I?

but more to the more point of the thread, I broke my right foot and that, by far, is my most painful injury

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I broke my arm when I was four because I swung off a lamp pretending to be Spiderman. Yeah.

I also pretended to be Spiderman, and I also broke my arm. The difference is that I jump from the roof of my house. The spiderweb didn't come out of my hand ...

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Two years ago I got elbowed in the right cheek playing a heavy game of basketball - usual school team one.

Of course I was always the smallest one on the court being about 5'0-5'1 ish back then and all the other girls were over 5'7-6'0.

I was going in for a lay up and the biggest girl on the opposing team elbowed me and fouled me. Everything happened in slow motion which was kinda cool but it hurt like heck.

Because of it my vision still wasn't up for it till the next day and on top of the a concussion.
    Also almost knocked my last baby tooth out but as she hit my right cheek it cause the tooth growing under it to grow slightly twisted.
    And thus the reason why I got braces last Wednesday

Melody

Banned
    Years
    A severe concussion which nearly took my life, caused internal bleeding and required a local neurosurgeon's touch to fix, sustained during an auto accident where the car I was in was broadsided by another vehicle traveling 70mph. I was struck in the head by a piece of door paneling. I lost approximately 3% of my long term memories overall, and all of my short term memory at that time. I have no memory of my stay in the hospital until I woke from my coma, which lasted 3 days apparently. What memories I have were from being told what happened, and examining the vehicle after my recovery.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I've been relatively careful and I have only gotten injured once; I sprained my ankle when I was in 8th grade. My ankle twisted halfway, I think and it caused me to tumble down the stairs. The pain was excruciating. Of course, I was a klutz with crutches and made my recovery go by slowly.

Back