• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will you nickname your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talesplayer

Breeder in Training/Guardia
Years
  • ill probably only nickname my starter, which will be chikorita, Verde. XD so original. Of course, i may give my sneasel the same name i did in crystal, which i believe was the weirdest name i have ever come up with...LUNG CHAO. XD

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Caterpie will be Catercake and I will raise it to level 100 (oh, inside jokes...).

I'll probably name my starter Pokemon after my boyfriend, and then just have all my friends suggest random names for all my others. Last time I did it, they came up with interesting things...who names a Pokemon "Merwin"? Honestly haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    Well I remember I had a name for the red Gyarados, which is different than the other name I use for regular ones, but I cant remember the name so it will probably be Leviathan or Jormungand since I haven't used that name yet.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I dont tend to care for nicknames, but i will give some pokemon, specifically ones i dont use, a few nicknames. I plan to name Arceus a more colourful version of its name, if i have a female Mr. Mime i will call it Ms. Mime, Kecleon will be Colours, Pikachu will be Exodus 04, Jigglypuff shall be named Sakura D. and...

kaoskaix said:
    Well I remember I had a name for the red Gyarados, which is different than the other name I use for regular ones, but I cant remember the name so it will probably be Leviathan or Jormungand since I haven't used that name yet.

Cool, thats what im doing (nicknaming it Jormungand).

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Heh, I rarely nickname my pokemon, except for HG/SS, and my latest playthrough of Platnium.

Here is the names I give my pokemon.

Starter: Steven (After the 3rd Gen champ.)
    Golbat: Andrew (RP Character)
    Bronzor (Is that it?): Christopher (First RP Character)
    Eevee: Either Elisa or Kyle, whether it is a boy or girl (RP Characters)
    Lucario: Either Esuine or Corosa (RPed as Esuine once, and Corosa is an RP character.)
    Giratina: Satan (In my stories, Giratina is the devil, why not reflect that in my game file?)

That's my team for Platinum.

And if Chikorita is female, then I'll be naming her Flora, but I don't have any more specific names for anyone.

Last edited:

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Hmhmmm... its hard thinking up names on the spot for my pokemon, I usually go get some inspiration first X3

He's some good names for some pokemon, although given time I'll probably think of better.

Cyndaquil: Cesar

Totodile: Seiryu

Chikorita: Megamania

... lame XD, I'll think of better ones some other time.

Years
  • Red Gyarados - RedDemon

Not a very original name but, it the best I can come up with now, when it actually come time to nickname it I'll see if I can come up with a better nickname. :)

Years
  • I'll actually only be nicknaming my starter and the Red Gyarados- both for the sake of nostalgia.
    My Starter, Typhlosion, will be called Kakamber. I know, I'm.. Wierd. When I was younger, playing Gold, I'd nicknamed it that, and it was the very first Pokemon I ever trained to level 100. It just kicked ass.
    And I'll be calling the Red Gyarados "Blaze", because for some reason I was convinced that was it's nickname in the Anime. Which I never watched. O_o

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'll get Yellow's party from the manga, and give them their official nickname's.

Getting a few that have six letters is frustrating though due to the character limit.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for over a month. Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back