• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what would make you stop playing pokemon for good?

xXI JOE IXx

Once Pokemon start getting 4th evolutions, i'm gone

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I don't see what's wrong with using disney and pokemon with the same sentence.

Anyway, the thing that'd make me stop playing pokemon if it was bought by Disney and they made a horrible game.

I don't care if they made a cool game. Just a fun game would be nice.

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Ralts>Kirlia>Gardevoir (Or however u spell it)> Gallade- buh-bye

No. Ralts only has three evolutions in the sense it does not evolve into 4 things consecutively. IE: It can become either Gardevoir OR Gallade. It doesn't turn into both. It has three evolutions with two different options as the last one. It's the same idea as Eevee. He is talking if it became like Charmander>Charmeleon>Charizard>CharFAIL.

Personally, if they put continue with these silly "Team (insert idiotic name here)" with the "We will use a Legendary to conquer the world BWAHAHAHA!" mentality, I'm outie.

Thank god HG/SS will have good ol' Team Rocket.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    No. Ralts only has three evolutions in the sense it does not evolve into 4 things consecutively. IE: It can become either Gardevoir OR Gallade. It doesn't turn into both. It has three evolutions with two different options as the last one. It's the same idea as Eevee. He is talking if it became like Charmander>Charmeleon>Charizard>CharFAIL.

Personally, if they put continue with these silly "Team (insert idiotic name here)" with the "We will use a Legendary to conquer the world BWAHAHAHA!" mentality, I'm outie.

Thank god HG/SS will have good ol' Team Rocket.

o rite, my B
    and yeah- i hate cliche villain goals

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    The villains should actually be threatening without the use of legendaries: a Mafia-type establishment who caught legendaries to show their power would be cool. Also, they should use Xanatos Gambits and make the members somewhat intelligent. (Well, even if you have the key, I'm not going to tell you about our base in Veilstone Ci-- wait. Damnit.)

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    If the game stopped being fun. It would be difficult to do that with one thing - sure, they may introduce a game mechanic that I don't like, but it would have to be made of monumental failure to make me stop playing altogether. :s

Years
    If Disney bought pokemon, which will never happen anyway, so yeah. :3
    don't be too sure... i mean... we lost marvel last week to the abomination we call disney

I'd probably call it quits after 1000 pokemon... sorry but there's a point where there's just too many of the damn things... i mean yeah technically there should be millions upon millions, definitly should be a crapload of water and bug pokes... but yeah...

Years
    Look Disney won't by the Pokemon franchise but if the did it wouldn't be the thing to turn me away. Hear me out Disney bought Pixar and they still turn out quality film after quality film each year. Disneys influence could get us all the one thing we all really want... that full 3D RPG experience we've been craving since the good old N64 days

But what would turn me away is if the series becomes stagnant or they keep rehashing the exact same types of Pokemon. Or if they keep stacking their games with (mostly) sub-standard legendaries and there is too many of them!

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    I wouldn't care all that much if they release new Pokémon that are particularly awful; I'd just keep raising my original favourites and find it all the more satisfying to sweep the new and ugly.

I think the only thing that would make me consider stopping is if they broke the generation trading chain again like they did between GSC/RSE. Following the continued achievements of my individual Pokémon is one of the aspects of the games I like the most :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    *If they introduced fugly main character trainer designs (the males have been pushing it since RSE...)
    *5th gen wasn't compatible with 4th gen
    *They come up with an uber legendary with even more than 720 total base stats
    *Any more Pikachu "clones" like Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu. Seriously, we don't need any more low-stat electric rodents.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Really don't know when. Actually I have no idea when I will stop XD.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Ok ill stop if for instence they kill ash or end ashes journey and start again from a new trainer as the hero and replace all regeons or change how they look for instence if they make a pokemon of 25 years later which would really suck my example of a game that did go through this is yugioh. yeah yugioh rocked but yugioh5ds and yugioh GX could not have been worse.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Ok ill stop if for instence they kill ash or end ashes journey and start again from a new trainer as the hero and replace all regeons or change how they look for instence if they make a pokemon of 25 years later which would really suck my example of a game that did go through this is yugioh. yeah yugioh rocked but yugioh5ds and yugioh GX could not have been worse.
    Sorry dude, but we're talking about the games and not the anime here,
    So there's no point in talking about Ash's role in the anime here. I think that you should write something that's related to the games.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    I wouldn't stop playing even if they made a Pokemon that was half dog and half cat.

I'm a true Pokemon fan.

Back